Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you visit friends in Hawaii....
eek! the water up here has been, as you know, quite cold! a rude awakening, indeed! and, i mean that in every sense.

i concur: let the guests know know the rules and where they stand. if all else fails, do as pam lamont suggested, "...shut off the hot water..."

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Thanks for all of the hints. We are looking forward to having many mainland guests in our new Puna home. We are retired so will have time to show them around and know we will enjoy doing so. I have forwarded this link to all of those that I think might have a chance to visit. Might as well get started off on the right foot.
While the Hawaii residents were at work, any thoughts that any of the people who stayed in the house as guests used the computer and saw the Favorites/Bookmarks to Punaweb and are now reading this?
So what if they are?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
They would see that while they were visiting the host's "favorite book on birds" was missing.
If "take your dirty laundry home with you " may be considered as an advice for the other people who might visit,
the missing book is not an advice.It's a statement.
SH, 9 posts today on this topic alone? and 6 hours to go! Need more bandwidth?
Daniel,if you don't have anything to say on the subject ...
SH: So what if they do?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by csgray

Believe it or not, most of the universe has no idea that Punaweb exists, including all of my friends and family who came and visited this winter. So no, I was not posting here for them to see it. That would be a very strange and backhanded thing to do, and I wonder about the thinking processes of the mind that would jump to that conclusion.

Rob, this is why I posted about someone using the computer whilst the owners were at work.

With search engines at work 24x7, posts here are easily found with even minimal effort.
If they already received an e-mail,addressed to everyone with the question if they know anything about the missing book ( or asked in person) and had a chance to clear themselves from suspicions,that's one thing.

If they have a common aquaintance who knows that they were visiting at the time the book was missing and they never heard of this,but this aquaintance saw it on PW ...

Type Puna .Punaweb comes almost right after..