Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/americas-n...9814028001
if your going to quote a case, please know the info...
Dana Ireland case, go to any local library and rent the A&E video on it .... very detailed

couple years after murder, Frank Pauline Jr (not the sharpest tool in shed) tried for make a deal with cops to get relative out of a drug charges, so volunteered info about the Ireland coldcase to cops (some info only the murders would know ie bite marks on breasts, hit w/ tireiron, etc.), implicating his friends the Schweitzer brothers (and himself)... the older Schweitzer and Pauline Jr were convicted and are in jail for life+ now...

the younger Schweitzer brother then confessed,... he was there but didnt participate... and got a slap on wrist...

the DNA that didnt match the suspects was from the boyfriend Dana was visiting just an hour before the rape/murder

pretty easy case really...

another key witness in Ireland case (trial 1999), Shayne Kobayashi saw the 3 of them leave Pohoiki (then known as "shacks") in the older Schweitzer VW Bug immediately after Dana rode by them on her bike (after visiting her boyfriend)...

a twist on that is Kobayashi's body was the 1st body found up off Stainback Hwy (deadend rd to prison) last January when the cops were looking for Dante Gilman's body (Dante was killed by the 2 Krause idiots, a robbery/murder captured on security video)

cops solve all these cases... they are good at this, but it will take time if its still possible w/Kalapana one ...

Brittany case...
cops may have fingerprints and even DNA??, from the stuff abruptly left behind by 'Jeffrey Allen' (alias) at hostel behind the old Pahoa Museum... mgr saw him face to face more than once, only a short time before the missing person posters (of Boaz) were circulated, and she picked him out of lineup..
what kind of person pays for a hostel room for a month, then leaves abruptly a couple days later leaving all his crap behind.. someone on the run thats who... who also though they got away w/murder ...and maybe was planing on using the "She left me for someone else" alibi, until the body was found by fishermen and messed it all up (his alibi)...

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Wow that was pretty good Bananahead, I don't feel like I will need to rent that video after all. What is interesting about all those cases you bring up is the savage nature of the local folks that have committed past crimes in this area. The names you have mentioned are only a few of the many who represent the un-educated animals who seem to feel they can get away with murder in (PUNA). Both families who have lost loved ones in this tragedy have gone through so much pain in the last six months its unimaginable. (OUR hearts and prayers go out to BOTH families).
Unfortunately there has been other gruesome acts of murder by local savages in this area in the recent past, this Is why some are staying Open-minded. Both BO and Britt were blessed with wonderful parents who raised very admirable families, That is a fact. They both were, and always will be part of large loving families. Bo being a suspect, or the only suspect is only adding to this tragedy. He had no prior record, he never even raised a hand to any of his sisters or any other woman for that matter. He enjoyed life, had a free spirit, and was now blessed with a good woman by his side. He by no means should be the only Suspect, there were threats made to them from righteous locals in this area. There were many people going through that area daily for lava and fishing. The money and land purchase may have fueled possible motives?. Terrible educations and the abundance of hard drugs cover that areas population as well ( YOU can guess their up- bringing). Just saying, stay open minded until their is justice or we may feel even worse than we do now.
I want to thank both families for taking this nationally, And everyone else who has followed this tragic event. I want to thank our mayor Billy, Mitch Roth, and the detectives as well, for ALL of this has been very hard on them. Now hopefully they will get more help and less criticism during the rest of this investigation?. Maybe things should have been handled differently from the beginning?. I think what is most important for both families and our community is that we all get the TRUTH, JUSTICE, and FUTURE we all deserve. P.S. Both of these families should have been holding a lovely family addition during these holidays, and not these feelings of pain, fear, and emptiness so please be respectful Bannanahead.
gypsy69, Thank you....

ted royal
ted royal
gypsy!!! THANK YOU!!!!

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
The story aired again this morning on KGMB. The report said that Brittany's parents believe that Boaz is not responsible and was also killed. The report says that the couple were conducting lava tours without giving a cut to local tour operators. And an anonymous letter points to a motive. If cops can find out who wrote the letter then maybe it will lead to the animals that did this.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
The following info was sent out this morning by HPD via Nixle:

Hawai#699;i Police Department
Administrative Services Division
Major Samuel Thomas
Phone: 961-2265

Media Release

The most recent edition of the Crime Stoppers television program “Hawaii Island’s Most Wanted” highlights a 23-year-old man still wanted in a murder investigation...

The new episode begins airing Friday (December 20).

In it, police again ask for help in locating 23-year-old Boaz David Johnson, who is still at large and wanted for the strangulation death of his girlfriend, Brittany-Jane Royal, whose body was found in the ocean off Kalapana on May 28. Johnson is described as Caucasian, about 5-foot-7, about 150 pounds with a slim build and a fair complexion. He was last seen unshaven and with medium-length brown hair. He has a tattoo of the upper body of a horse near the right side of his abdomen. He is considered dangerous.

---
by the way...I am also a Licensed Hawaii Real Estate Salesperson
http://www.RealEstateHawaiiBigIsland.com/
---
Due to the recent amount of coverage concerning the violence in Puna, I have pain-stakingly decided to step forth and provide my own testimony in hopes that it will somehow help or shed light on the recent dissappearances of Brittany Royal and Boaz Johnson. Although my own circumstances will not provide any new evidence or information directly pertaining to their specific murders, I hope that it will persuade others in the local area to step forth and give their own testimonies as well.

In addition to giving others the courage to come out and speak up, I also wish for this testimony to clear up any doubts or confusion as to how or why Boaz Johnson and Tiffany Royal were murdered. The ridiculous assumption that Boaz Johnson is missing and/or a murderer has done nothing but cause more grief and confusion to the family members of the victims, and I hope my testimony will add confirmation to what likely happened, and hopefully assist in identifying the real killer(s). I wish to remain anonymous for my own personal safety, and I will not provide any names of my assailants, or the complete names of the companies they operate.

I began giving lava tours in 2007 until 2008. I worked for a locally owned hotel, and my tours were not under any official business or license. The tours began merely as a freelance operation, and I solely did them for the entertainment of our guests, and not for profit.

Prior to going to the lava flow, I began researching the area concerning the land that the lava was actively flowing through. I was told by Volcano National Park that the lava was currently flowing outside of the national park, and that it was flowing on land owned by the State of Hawaii. Upon further research, I learned that there was basically little-to-no enforcement on preventing locals or tourists from trespassing across this land to access the flow. Upon finding out this information, I began to do solo trips by myself with no harassment from state or local authorities. I was among dozens of people doing this, along with solo adventurers like myself, as well as licensed tour companies. At this time period, I did this strictly for my own hobby, and these were mostly solo trips done late at night. I would average approximately 2-4 trips per week, for a period of 6-8 weeks.

After more than a dozen solo trips, guests from our hotel became fascinated by my pictures and stories. They began requesting for me to take them along with me on my future trips, and since I already had a pretty frequent schedule of making these trips already, it was no problem at all for me to take others along with me as well. All I asked for in return was for my guests to help pay for gas and expenses (headlamps, first aid supplies, etc). Although I did not do this for profit, I would occassionally have a guest that would tip me as a bonus, but these tips were not requested by me or my hotel. (At this time I would like to clear up any connection between the hotel and my tours. The hotel was not associated in anyway whatsoever with my trips to the lava flow, nor were they associated with any lava tours at all. The hotel simply accomodated guests that became interested in joining me on my personal trips that were meant solely for adventure/sight-seeing.)

For the most part, all of the initial trips were extremely successful. Occassionally a guest might get a minor scrape or cut from the sharp lava, but there were no major injuries or altercations during the tours. I always performed these trips VERY cautiously, using the latest volcano monitoring data, along with making it very clear to everyone that the lava is EXTREMELY unpredictable, and that every step should be performed with extreme care.

I would estimate these trips continued on the same schedule as my prior solo trips: approximately 2-4 trips a week, for about 3 months continually.

After 3 months, the first altercation began between my tour group and the tour guide for KCT. Upon the halfway point of reaching the active flow, the guide for KCT began yelling and screaming at the members of my group. I signaled my flashlight toward the tour guide, and yelled out to ask if he needed help. It became quite obvious that he wasnt yelling for help, but was instead verbally attacking my group with obscenities and a violent tone. I gathered my group, and told them we should walk away from the situation. I advised that we could go up the upper flow instead, visit it, and then visit the ocean entry flow once the other tour group and their irate guide leaves. This is exactly what happened, and the trip ended with the satisfaction of everyone involved. I was still a bit puzzled on why a tour guide decided to verbally assault my group, but I simply assumed it was an isolated incident that wasn't likely to happen again.

Two nights later, I took out another group for a trip to the lava flow. We headed out to the flow, and started the hike out. Once we approached the ocean entry lava flow, I once again hear screaming and cursing. I look back to see that it was the same tour guide that we had an altercation with two nights before. He started walking towards our group, leaving his group completely vulnerable and confused, standing just a few meters to the dangerous lava flow. As he got closer, about 50 meters or so, we started to make out the words he was saying. He was demanding that we leave immediately if we didnt have permission to cross the land. Since I assumed Hawaii State Government was the only entity that could give permission to cross the land, his comment seemed irrational to me since NOBODY, other than National Park personnel, had official permission to tresspass on the land leading to the active flow.

As he got closer, his words and actions were completely unethical. Although his anger was obvious, his bizarre behavior made me assume the man was either high on crystal methamphetamine, or a psychopath. Instead of waiting around to find out, I gathered our group and we began to retreat back to the tree line. I suggested we wait in the trees, and see if his group leaves. We waited for approximately 20-30 minutes, and we noticed somebody with a flashlight coming towards us from the parking lot above. They were approximately 100 meters away from us, and we assumed it was a lone hiker doing a solo trip to the lava flow. At this point, our group got tired of waiting for the other group to come back, and we decided it would be a better idea to re-schedule the trip for later in the week.

As we walked back to our vehicles, the unidentified person with the flashlight started changing his direction and coming directly towards our group. He began yelling and asking for our group to come out of the tree line. Although the security guard at the viewing area had already went home earlier that evening, I assumed the guards were doing a late-night surprise patrol that had somehow busted our group. Since our vehicles were parked at the top, we had no choice but to come out and hike back to the parking lot.

Once arriving at the top, instead of finding the actual County of Hawaii Security Guard everyone was generally familiar with, there were two male locals who claimed to be local Kalapana security. They asked me if I had permission to go out to the lava flow, in which I replied by asking which authority gives anyone permission to accessing the land, aside from the State of Hawaii. Theyre reply was very vague, but they indirectly implied that it was a process that had to be discussed with me in private. I asked for their phone number so that I could contact them prior to making any future trips, but they were unwilling to give me their names or numbers. They told me that if I wanted to get their permission, they will find me and let me know. I took that as a "No" to any permission to access the flow, as well as a verbal threat.

I decided it would be a good idea to stay away from the area for a few days and let it cool down. During that time, I discovered from other tour group operators that there is an unofficial "fee" that must be paid to the Hawaiian Mafia. Prior to hearing this, I had honestly thought the rumors of Hawaiian Mafia was an exagerrated rumor, only to learn that I was now directly involved with their tactics and threats.

A week went by before I decided to test the area again. Yes, call me stupid, and I won't argue. I was young and daring, and I'm not particularly known to be easily scared by thugs or bullies.

Upon reaching the parking, I could tell it was a busy night out at the flow. The parking lot was completely filled, and I figured this would be a more successful trip than the last. To my fortune, I spotted the KCT group before their tour guide spotted us. In additional fortune, the flow had recently shifted, causing the ocean shelf to break off and the creation of a rather large hill of fresh sand. The KCT group took an extreme risk of following their guide over the top of this hill, and once they descended the hill they became out of sight from our group. Our group took advantage of this, and went to go view the ocean entry at the new shift without worry of being spotted and harassed.

I didn't want to risk overstaying our welcome and being spotted by the other tour group, so we decided to leave a bit earlier and hike back to the parking lot. Just as we started to enter the parking lot, we saw the so-called local "security" guards approaching us from about 50 meters away. They were yelling at us and wanting us to stay in the parking lot. Although I was young and dumb, I wasn't stupid enough to sit and wait for angry locals to harass us yet again. For all I knew, these guys were just local thugs trying to trick tourists into paying some imaginary fee. or even worse, Hawaiian Mafia. We quickly threw all of our gear in the car, cranked the car up, and started leaving.
At this point, the so-called "security" team was abour 25 meters away from the parking lot, angrily yelling and waving. As we exited the parking lot, I noticed the two "security" guys running toward their trucks, and pulling out of the parking lot as well. Fortunately, my guests had rented a mustang convertible, and I told the driver to go as fast as he could without wrecking. We got up to about 80 mph and the truck behind us was intent on trying to catch up. They chased us for several miles, getting only as close as about 75 meters behind at an average of 80-90 mph. By the time we made it to Pahoa, we did a quick u-turn towards town, and turned up the upper road. We saw the truck slow down, but enetually continue along the main highway towards Keeau. We drove into a local neighborhood, and found a safe place to park and remain hidden. We remained parked for about an hour until we felt it was safe to return to the main highway. We then continued back to the hotel without any other altercations.

At that point, I decided it was definitely unsafe to do anymore hikes to the lava. I chose to dedicate my hobbies to mostly going to the beaches instead, and continued working for the hotel.

One week later, I decided to to attend a friends small birthday party in Kalapana. After the party was over, I decided to walk along the highway back towards Pahoa, hitchhiking along the way in hopes of getting a ride. After two miles of walking, a truck stopped and swerved in front of me to the side of the road. I assumed it was somebody that was nice enough to give me a ride to town, until I noticed they put the truck in reverse and started driving towards me, nearly hitting me. In fact, if I hadn't moved/dodged, the truck would have hit me and likely killed me. Immediately the passenger of the truck got out and said "Hooo so you like beef haole?" and started getting in my face. I didn't know what beef he was talking about, since I had no enemies, but as he continued his verbal assaults it seemed obvious that he was accusing me of somehow doing something terrible in the past. I was completely caught by surprise, and thought perhaps he had me confused with another person.

As all of this was whizzing through my head, I hadn't noticed that the driver of the vehicle got out as well. By the time I noticed his presence beside me, he was already in mid-swing, landing a hard punch to my face. At this point the passenger of the vehicle started punching me in the ribs, while the driver proceeded punching and kicking as well. After landing 20 or so blows, my kicking and fighting back became too annoying for them to deal with and they stopped fighting. They had me pinned into a ditch on the side of the road, about 20 feet away from the pavement. They told me to stay down on the ground, and that if I moved an inch they would kill me.

They walked cautiously back to the pavement, always keeping their eyes on me. The driver pulled out a cellular phone, and began dialing a number. The passenger yelled at me, insisting that they are calling their Uncle and that he is going to come and finish me off. Still confused on why they were trying to kill me, I asked what have I done to deserve any of this? The passenger replied with only a smirk and said "You'll see when we put you in a puka (hole)..."

At this point the driver was talking to someone on the phone. I couldn't make out the entire conversation, but at the beginning he clearly stated "Hey Uncle we got the haole". I repeat, he did not say "a haole", he said "the haole". The driver got off the phone and said his Uncle was on his way and would be there in 10 minutes. They remained at the top of the pavement, and I remained in the ditch. They made more threats while they waited, asking me if I liked the lava rocks and if I ever seen a puka. They made certain condenscending remarks as if they knew that I liked hiking in the lava rocks. All of this was confusing to me at this time, as I was in an utter state of shock and an immense amount of pain.

Eventually another truck pulled up. As the truck pulled up behind their vehicle, the other two guys started walking towards the truck to the greet the driver as he was opening his door to get out. At this split moment, I knew it was my only chance of possibly escaping. I quickly jumped to my feet, and instead of trying to run down the highway as they would expect, I made a mad dash into the thick brush/jungle on the side of the road. They immediately started darting towards me in pursuit, and I was able to make it about 20-25 meters into the jungle before I could hear their voices reaching the start of the bushes. I zigged and zagged in random direction for another 20 meters and found a large group of thick ferns to jump into and hide. I continued to hear their voices for the next 10 minutes searching for me, but they never got any closer than 30+ meters. I heard their footsteps retreating back towards the highway, and I remained hidden in the ferns for another 15 minutes. I could distinctly hear their voices as they stood on the side of the highway, and I decided to slowly creep towards the end of the bush line to spy on what they were doing and when they would leave. At this time they were going through my backpack and standing beside their vehicles. I continued spying on them for the next 10 minutes until they cranked up their vehicles and left.

After alot of waiting and paranoia, I called a friend to arrange meeting me at the side of the highway. My friend arrived successfully, and we decided it was probably best that I spend the night at their house, and return back to Hilo the next day.

I survived that day with two broken ribs, and several deep cuts and bruises on my face. But, I was ALIVE, which I have been grateful for to this day.

While spending the next few days trying to heal, I couldn't think of what I had possibly done to have been targeted and not only beaten up, but threatened to be killed. Suddenly it dawned on me that it possibly had something to do with the altercations at my last two lava tours. Mentally, all of the pieces began to fall in piece and it became quite obvious what happened: The puna boyz at the lava flow had identified me, pulled over, and called their uncle (more than likely the tour guide for KCT) to come and beat/kill me. They certainly targeted me specifically, and their remarks about lava rocks and pukas and native lands were suddenly coming fresher to my memory and confirming my suspicions. It was very obvious: the haole boy had to be taught a lesson in Kalapana. Luckily, I learned that lesson with my life BARELY spared, while so many others have not been so fortunate.

My story is not a unique story. Having been a former resident of Lower Puna, stories like this happen far too often. Many of them get covered up, while many others get little or no coverage at all. Anyone that is a resident of Puna will admit to this, as it is common knowledge to everyone that lives there: Haoles that break the rules will end up in a puka, or turned into shark bait. Anyone that denies these type of stories is obviously not a resident that is familiar with the area and its past. It is the infamously known as the most dangerous area of the entire Hawaiian island chain, and it is backed up by plenty of haole skeletons to prove it.

I am a strong believer in Native Hawaiian Rights, and a supporter of many local movements in Puna and Kalapana. But the violence that has been associated with the lava tours is not about preserving native land rights, but instead about being greedy over dominating the local tourist market. It is well-known that if you want to do a lava tour, you have to pay a bribe. If you don't honor the bribe, then you will dissappear from the area, voluntarily or involuntarily, period.

What part of the Aloha spirit involves greed and bribery? What part of Aloha involves killing innocent people because of the color of their skin? I argue with anyone that justifies such violence because of Hawaiian Sovereignty or Native Rights. It is not JUSTIFIED, and we as a community should handle things with responsibility and justice as opposed to cowardly murdering innocent "haoles".

Are the murderer(s) really stupid enough to think that killing a pregnant woman and her fiance is going to stop people from doing lava tours, or stop non-natives from purchasing land? It won't. Nor will threatening the realtors who are too scared to speak publicly. Nor will killing innocent adventurers like me. All it does is create a vicious cycle of never-ending violence, and stains the reuptation of otherwise decent and respectable Native Hawaiians.

To the killer(s): You KNOW who YOU are. But what you have failed to realize is that you have finally crossed the line . Uncle and Aunty can't hide you this time, and the family members of the victims were not naive or gullibe enough to allow local police to cover it up as theyt have done so many times in the past. This time, you simply went too far, and there is no turning back. Karma is coming.

To the families of the victims: Our island is shocked and appalled by the killing of Boaz, Brittany, and the unborn child. We have endured reading these horrible stories in our newspapers for years, and this time we are simpply fed up. We are fed up with racism. We are fed up with violence. We are fed up with police corruption. Most importantly, we are certainly fed up with finding your beloved family members' dead bodies on our shores. We urge you to STAY STRONG, and keep fighting! Your courage and strength gives the same courage and strength for local citizens like us to speak out and start asking questions. Do not be discouraged by the lack of cooperation from the Hilo Police, and do not be swayed by their ridiculous theories. By naming Boaz Johnson as the suspect, it not only gives local police an excuse to avoid investigating the real killer(s), but it adds further division and frustration between the two familes involved, and that is exactly their plan! Don't fall for local corruption like so many naive familes from the mainland have done in the past. Stick together as one, and keep fighting this! Stay in the media! Make more flyers! Keep talking to locals! You WILL have the justice you deserve.

To the citizens of Hawaii: If anyone has similar stories, or have friends or family with similar stories, NOW is the time to speak out. Bringing corrupt murderers to justice doesn't weaken the cultural heritage that we try to preserve in Puna, it simply gets rid of the thugs that make our community the most dangerous district of Hawaii. There are more productive and positive ways of preserving native lands, as well as preserving the rights of Native Hawaiians. Violence is NEVER the answer. It's time we make this island a safer place for everyone, and preserve the true spirit of Aloha.
If the above is true you need to file a police report. even if it happened long ago,to give the police history so they have the option of a R.I.C.O case
And anyone else that's had an incident big or small needs to file a report. other wise its just a BS story
people being to scared to talk to police doesn't automatically make it a BS story look at Shayne Kobayashi found dead off stainback highway after testifying on the Dana Ireland case ... Its easy to see why people would be afraid to come forward.