• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helicopter ID
quote:
Originally posted by Sue Nomie

Must be Green Harvest AGAIN!
They are circling over HPP too.
What about weed scares the man so much?
Wish they could get a handle on ice.

In the spring they spotted an illegal grow in HPP. They got a search warrant and found 187 plans, a stash of illegal guns and some stolen property. This guy is facing 10 years in jail, where he belongs.
I say fly over my neighborhood anytime you want.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Where can I put in a request for more helicopters over HPP? Growers out.
This same helicopter flew out & back, low over the Keaau schools.....I was on the line to the Aviation line Jerry posted (about the OTHER bird) when he flew out & the lady I was talking to asked if I could get a picture, got pictures both out & back....

It is not good when the aviation people think that the helicopter is rather loud when they are on the phone with you & ask if you can get a picture of it.... And to fly that low over schools & residential zoned areas???? This pilot was being more of a "Flyboy" than serious drug enforcer, IMHO

Added: the aviation honcho I emailed the photos to prefers no zoom
PaulW - You can request more tour choppers over your house from the FAA - they seem really happy to oblige. ;~)

Today it's GH, verified it a couple of hours ago.

ckaupp - Re: "Yesterday was HORRIBLE in Leilani Estates. It was literally non-stop with one or more helicopters in the air pretty much all the times."

It was the same here in HPP (on 7/31/12 - a cruise ship day, fyi...). I filed about a dozen complaints, complete with photos and tail numbers.

Today I spoke with Senator Akaka's office, Senator Inouye's office, and received a call from the FAA regarding investigative assignments for my complaints. I also have calls in to The Gov, and Mazie.

If enough people speak out, laws can be changed. If not, then here we are and here we shall be.

http://www.change.org/petitions/modify-h...opter-laws

http://airtourshawaii.blogspot.com/?view=magazine

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
wow, road one,the acres, the helicopter came right down into the trees, man and large plant lifted up and flew towards hilo, back in just a few minutes for another drop, another man and plant as big as the man. sort of fun to watch they buzzed all around for about 15 minutes and then left. bright yellow copter... wonder where they were dropping the plants or if the man was already on the ground or somehow climbed down that big cable. should have gone back to house for my glasses but busy enjoying the show but i agree they are very loud and scare the animals....
KS, How did they spot the illegal growth? Do you know that it was from helicopters? I have used the imaging at the University that would easily spot over 100 plants, esp with remote sensors (we routinely ID orchard plants in HPP.... anything over a meter can be looked at, 3-10 meters is getting fairly easy to do - without the annoying helicopter! Most people with internet can get that imaging, and when you add some of the other remote sensing detector images.... you can "see" illegal plants fairly well... they do breathe THC fairly well...

How do you think that the helicopter choose where to go? If you just look at today, they were in upper HPP & harvesting in upper HA.... OBVIOUSLY they knew pretty much where they were going... they were not out for a lookabout trying to find the growers, they KNEW where they were going... Esp. in HPP, the area COULD be covered by agents on the ground (as the arrest with warrant that you have mentioned was)
They have been in Fern Forest all day too. Flying low, irregular patterns, a complete barrage of noise and trespass. Definitely seems like green harvest ridiculousness. DIDN'T THAT GET BANNED?! Damned ridiculous waste of money and super intrusive to 98% of us that DON'T grow! Down with these a-holes already...
Melissa Fletcher
quote:
Originally posted by jerry

There is also an aircraft noise hot line 1-888-697-7813. I called. They have been getting a lot of complaints.

Jerry
Art and Orchids B&B
http://www.artandorchids.com

Filed a complaint for what it is worth...
Melissa Fletcher
So we have one number... But that goes to the airport. They don't give a rip in my experience. Can we get an accurate list from them of exactly how many complaints have been lodged? No? Then they are literally taking our calls, pacifying us through allowing us to vent and thats where it ends. What are some other avenues? And how can we hold the people supposedly taking the reports accountable? We should be able to use the complaint statistics in an all out war on these practices. It has been done and won on other islands.
Melissa Fletcher
Theyre down on 6th or 7th shipman end of HPP. They're carrying off plants. My guess is they first go after people with their permits to make sure they're in compliance...