Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hwy 130 speed limit drop
Yep, saw that the signs were put up on Wednesday. I'll hold off on the average speed drop though. Returning home tonight it was slow around HPP but that was one slow driver holding everyone else up, so don't know if this is the new normal yet.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
quote:
Originally posted by ericlp

The signs were up Yesterday...

And as expected... Everyone doing 10 mph under... so 35 is now the new norm...

My experience too, as I expected. 25 will be the norm for 10+ years once they start the 130 projects. Oh well.

So it won't be long before people start trying to cut through Orchidland to get up to RT 11 to avoid 130 all together...

Perhaps, though it's easier on a car to go through Hawaiian Acres to Ainaloa Blvd at least if you're going past HPP. I'd think Orchidland would be the solution for all the HPP folks, and there are certainly more of them.
Yeah, the residents of Hawaiian Acres just love it when non-residents take the "shortcut" through their subdivision.

Maybe the increased traffic will force County to "maintain" that road? It's still technically "private", in that HACA did not cede ownership; County was granted access via easement, so it's never been clear (to me) exactly who has jurisdiction and who is responsible for maintenance.

[Wink]
Amen

quote:
Originally posted by DickWilson

With regards to Ruderman's latest stupidity, I can only repeat one of my favorite quotes. "politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and for the same reason."

dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick