Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Puna....
In Puna, I discovered aloha

Best wishes
Best wishes
I know Mimosa, I wish there was an alternative, but if you seen the damage already done, you would know there isn't an option. If I blocked one hole they would just make another. Also, if they have eggs in there, blocking the whole doesn't help at all, even if you stain or polyurethane over it.

In Puna... bugs are welcome everywhere but IN my house.
In Puna - A roosters fave bug to eat is the black wood boring bee.
In Puna - Tether your Roosters to the area's most black wood boring bee's are concentrated and watch the problem digest.
In Puna - A person can mitigate the black wood boring bee by replacing the affected sections fascia with new,and not pine.Coat the interior of fascia with used old crankcase oil.
In Puna - The black wood boring bee's love soft woods and or dead ohia.
In Puna - Bugs live in peoples homes,whether seen or un seen.
In Puna - Many of us co exist with bugs,this is their home and we humans are just peaceful neighbors.
In Puna - Bugs whether flying or crawling out number humans 2000 to 1.
In Puna - Overlay the affected sections of damaged lumber with new OR replace with new treated and painted lumber.
In Puna - We co exist with bugs.
L.F.A. excluded .
Umm...yea...not gonna happen. My house is redwood, and they still ate through it, AND its already been stained, they don't care they eat it anyway.
sad to kill the bees . i have seen them actively working my fruit trees. .... sometimes i wonder why people move here if they dont like whats here and cant figure out how to coexist
In Puna - Redwood is a very soft wood,Black wood eating Bee's fave food.
Every wood bee for miles,through their own coconut wireless network knows of your home.
Many generations of black wood bee know about your home.
In Puna - get a few roosters,the type that only talk during the day and not at night,and tether with a long leash ,to the worst area's of black bee homes and watch the black bee coconut wireless work like magic.
In Puna - The black wood eating bee's have a very strong aversion to roosters and soon your problem will be a non issue.
In Puna - one persons problems are another's simple solution.naturally.
In Puna - Redwood water catchment tanks are very rare,because of the black wood boring bee's huge appetite for their fave food,redwood.
In Puna- can replace affected puka wood with new redwood coated and stained.
In Puna - Redwood makes for excellent sauna interiors and furo's.
Stop with the hippie BS,I am not putting a rooster on my roof.

The bees are eating my house.

They aren't visiting, or made a little nest, or a few here and there.

They are literally eating away the house. My house is all wood. They are being a risk to the actual structure. They are like termites at this point.

I will be glad to allow you to come and get them and put them in your house if you would like.
In Puna - It should be in the disclosure that these bee's are a serious problem.
Perhaps if the paper work is not all pau yet,you can back out and look for another home and pay for the lesson learned.
In Life we always pay for our education in one fashion or another.
In Puna - A person can tent the home and fumigate as that should be a requirement anyhow in all contracts of seller buyer.
In Puna - We can loan you 10 NON night talking roosters.
In Puna - Earthquakes will take out a wood boring bee damaged home really fast .In Puna- We have not had any large long lasting earthquakes in a few years,In Puna - we are long over due.
We have roosters and do not have the black wood boring bee problem,as the roosters love these types of winged Hershey bars.
Candy to a Rooster,just like the noisy frogs,never a problem,Roosters love Coe key frogs.
Best of luck to You and Yours.
Life is a Blessing.
OMG. This thread is turning into comedy GOLD!!
In Puna, there exists a site called Punaweb, where I heard the term "winged Hershey bars" and laughed until my sides ached! LOL![Smile]

Best wishes
Best wishes