Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punaweb parties?
Hi Pam,

Perhaps you could post a last minute set of directions to your home from the intersection of Glenwood Rd and the Volcano Highway.

Thanks

Chairman, Punaweb Committee, MSPA
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Rob, you are reading my mind!

PUNATICS PARTY
18-4160 N. GLENWOOD RD.

TAKE HIGHWAY 11 TO BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 19 AND 20.

IF COMING FROM HILO, N. GLENWOOD RD. IS JUST 100 YARDS OR SO PAST THE HIRANO STORE. YOU WILL BE MAKING A RIGHT TURN ONTO N. GLENWOOD

IF COMING FROM KONA VIA VOLCANOL YOU WILL SEE THE PU'U O'O RANCHLANDS SIGN ON YOUR RIGHT JUST AFTER MILE 21.... LOOK FOR N. GLENWOOD AS YOUR NEXT INTERSECTION. YOU WILL BE MAKING A LEFT.

FROM THE HIGHWAY, AS YOU TURN ONTO N. GLENWOOD ROAD, YOU WILL BE TRAVELING ABOUT 0.6 MILES UP THE HILL ON A PAVED, SINGLE LANE ROAD. YOU WILL PASS THE BAMBOO FOREST THEN A FEW HOUSES... KEEP WATCHING ON YOUR RIGHT. YOU WILL SEE AN UNFINISHED HOME ON YOUR LEFT; IGNORE IT; THAT'S NOT US LOL

ON THE RIGHT YOU WILL SEE A BLACK CHAIN LINK FENCE. IT WILL BECOME A BARBED WIRE FENCE. JUST AFTER THE BARBED WIRE YOU WILL SEE A DRIVEWAY, A BLACK MAILBOX WITH A SEAHORSE ON THE POST HOLDING IT UP. THAT IS OUR DRIVEWAY.

DEPENDING ON WEATHER AND CROWDS, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND PARKING ON THE ROAD AND WALKING IN. IF YOU DRIVE IN, YOU PROBABLY WON'T BE ABLE TO GET OUT FOR QUITE A WHILE. THE DRIVEWAY IS SOLID BUT THE GROUND ON EITHER SIDE IS VERY SOFT. WITH A CROWD OF CARS, TURNING AROUND SHOULD BE A CHALLENGE.

WALKING DOWN THE DRIVEWAY, YOU WILL SEE AN OPEN FIELD ON YOUR LEFT... THAT IS ACTUALLY A FRUIT ORCHARD BUT THE GRASS IS TALL AND THE TREES AREN'T SO YOU HAVE TO LOOK HARD! KEEP GOING.

NEXT YOU WILL SEE SOME PENS... THAT IS THE PIG PEN AND AN OLD TEMPORARY PIGPEN THAT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING A BANANA GARDEN. KEEP WALKING.

FAR BEHIND THE PENS YOU WILL SEE A TWO STORY CABIN, QUAINT, WAAAAYYYYYY BACK IN THE PASTURE. ASK THE TAX MAN; IT DOESN'T EXIST! KEEP WALKING DOWN THE DRIVEWAY.

FINALLYL AS THE DRIVEWAY CURVES TO YOUR LEFT, YOU WILL SEE A ROOF AND A MAJOR CONSTRUCTION PROJECT UNDER IT . WE WILL BE BUSY CLEANING IT UP FOR SAFETY THE BEST WE CAN IN THE MORNING. COME ON UP. FOOD TABLES ARE IN THE CAR PORT. YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO FIND YOUR WAY AROUND FROM THERE.

ALOHA, WELCOME AND DON'T MISS IT.

PAM

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Hey Pam, Cathie says will be bringing a sheet cake for dessert.

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Thank You everyone who attended the first PunaWeb Punatics Party. We had a great turn out with wonderful people. There was an abundance of good food, an abundance of good spirit and I think it will turn into an abundance of friendship. Lets keep the networking spirit going here on the web until the next bash.... everyone enjoy your new friends and feel free to stop by and visit our project anytime.

Thank you especially for all your warm thoughts on our home project. You were all very kind and I enjoyed the good cheer of each and every one of you.

Aloha and Mahalo.

Pam

PS... after 30 days all chairs, dishes , spoons, coolers , etc... become MINE!! LOL come get them if you left them.

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
What a terrific gettogether!!!!! Sure enjoyed putting some faces to names. Didn't get to meet everyone this time and I'm sure I'm going to read someone was there I wish I had met - oh well - next time. Thanks Pam and Bob for being such great hosts.

David & Sophie
Ninole

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
A big mahalo to Pam & Bob for a great Punatic party!We really enjoyed meeting you all and were very impressed by your house.We met many great people and hope to keep in touch.This could be the start of something BIG! Aloha.
Don & Lek

We also would like to thank Pam and Bob. We enjoyed touring their beautiful home and enjoyed meeting everyone. Loved seeing the pig and chickens also. I'm sorry we had to leave
early and wished we hadn't. Thank you both very
much making us feel welcome in your home.

Mark & Richard

"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
Our thanks to Pam and Bob for hosting a great Puna party! The only thing that could have been better was the weather. All in all I think fun was had by one and all. As mentioned in prior post, it was nice to put faces to names and to meet and make new friends. There was NO shortage of food and drink! Hope to see the day soon when Cathie and I will be able to host a Puna party at our home when it is finished.

Cheers again to Pam and Bob,

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Thank you to Pam and Bob for such a nice get together. Your house is looking great and your hard work is truely paying off in a magnificient home!

Edited by - Rob Tucker on 02/12/2006 21:34:09
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
No kidding, that house is GORGEOUS! I wished I could have stayed but I'm sure glad I made it there even for a little while. What a trip to run into someone I went to Junior High with -- especially since there were only 80 of us in all three grades. Small world, huh?

John Dirgo, RA, ABR, e-PRO
RE/MAX Properties
808-987-9243 cell
John Dirgo, R, PB, EcoBroker, ABR, e-PRO
Aloha Coast Realty, LLC
808-987-9243 cell
http://www.alohacoastrealty.com
http://www.bigislandvacationrentals.com
http://www.maui-vacation-rentals.com