Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yurt living
Sure hope no one feels I was taking on any one personally. I just like to challenge the information and its appropriateness.

Here's a link to my 30K alternative:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1518774...0152tjWfaR

A Hawaiian experience should not be at the mercy of mainland theory.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Dang David...

Nice for the amount you put into it.

And what a view

-------
Today in History
Wasp-like parasites are introduced to Hawai'i in an effort to fight the mango fruit fly discovered in the islands the previous year, 1947.
hey I am just trying to make the most informed decision, of what I want to live in, yes i want to be more eco friendly, if that means a yurt.hmm prob not or do I want to do a container home , or a kit home or bamboo their is alot of options and just dont want to make a foolish decision, it is a shame yurtgirl didnt introduce herself as the owner, I have e-mail yurts of hawaii, to get refferls and to talk to some peolple that are living in yurts, but I havent had any replies. I will leave it at that. Like I said puna-web is a great tool and if used wisely you too can learn something new each day...

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....
Thanks Damon

Almost surprised you didn't follow the link back to albums and try the Hi-Y or helicopter shots Smile

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
quote:
Originally posted by lostboystoy

hey I am just trying to make the most informed decision, of what I want to live in, yes i want to be more eco friendly, if that means a yurt.hmm prob not or do I want to do a container home , or a kit home or bamboo their is alot of options and just dont want to make a foolish decision, it is a shame yurtgirl didnt introduce herself as the owner, I have e-mail yurts of hawaii, to get refferls and to talk to some peolple that are living in yurts, but I havent had any replies. I will leave it at that. Like I said puna-web is a great tool and if used wisely you too can learn something new each day...

setting my soul free....

To everyone that is upset that I did not introduce myself as the owner of Yurts of Hawaii, I do apologize. I haven't frequented these forums and was quite unaware that there was a strict forum "etiquette"... well, in some areas anyway. I assumed that my contact information would be available to anyone who was interested in who I am, and that contact information clearly states contact@yurtsofhawaii.com. I assumed it was there for anyone who cared to know or anyone who wanted to ask. I found a forum a while back and had some discussions there, then found a link to this site and figured I would open up discussions here as well. Enough with the bashing though, who would have thought that I would need to defend myself so thoroughly! I think I'm about done with this site, unfortunately. I have a pretty gross taste in my mouth from the barrage. BTW, does StillHope even live here? Is this constant attacking of my business and character her way of living here vicariously? This is the last I'll respond to her comments. If a person can't understand answers when they are given, then whose fault is that? I have spent several hours answering questions and responding to emails from StillHope. Just because a person doesn't like or understand a particular answer to their question, it doesn't mean that an answer wasn't given.
As for doing the research to find someone who has moved their yurt, none of our customers have done it yet, if I had an example I'd share it with you. Why not contact Pacific Yurts or Colorado Yurts and ask them? I'm sure they would be able to provide you with plenty of information. By the way, a yurt doesn't have to cost 30k. It can cost as little as 20k, depending on the platform style. Again, call the yurt companies or, for quotes and stories from yurt dwellers, get Becky Kemery's book, Yurts: Living in the Round. Also, yurt manufacturers can answer questions about the green-ness of their product, I'm pretty sure that Colorado Yurts are the most green of the larger companies.
Melissa Fletcher
quote:
Originally posted by YurtGirl
To everyone that is upset that I did not introduce myself as the owner of Yurts of Hawaii, I do apologize. ......... BTW, does StillHope even live here? Is this constant attacking of my business and character her way of living here vicariously? That's the last I'll respond to her comments. If you can't understand answers when they are given then whose fault is that? I must have spent several hours answering questions and responding to emails that had dozens of questions each time, I was more than forthcoming. Just because a person doesn't like a particular answer to their question, doesn't mean that an answer wasn't given.....

Melissa,

I have known from the beginning who you were and I didn't think you were trying to deceive anyone. I showed a link to clarify to others who you were.

Just ignore Stillhope already. I can't understand what she is trying to get at most of the time... and now she has resorted to attempting get me riled up. If she could learn to post, we might come to an understanding...

-------
Today in History:
Pacific Commercial Advertiser announced that the Volcano House was open for business, 1866

Melissa,

I have known from the beginning who you were and I didn't think you were trying to deceive anyone. I showed a link to clarify to others who you were.

Just ignore Stillhope already. I can't understand what she is trying to get at most of the time... and now she has resorted to attempting get me riled up. If she could learn to post, we might come to an understanding...

-------
Today in History:
Pacific Commercial Advertiser announced that the Volcano House was open for business, 1866
[/quote]

Thank you for that David, and thank you for your note on StillHope. I'll take your advice and ignore her.
Melissa Fletcher
YurtGirl,you are right.Let's forget about me.Though I recommended to use your company to the lostboystoy and to the people from another forum.Really,forget about me and start convincing people that yurts are
cheaper that the same size small house.Is the estimate you gave me wrong?
Do you want to me to forward you your own e-mail("total costs")?
Forget about me.Just give people of this forum the facts.
quote:
Originally posted by StillHope

YurtGirl,you are right.Let's forget about me.Though I recommended to use your company to the lostboystoy and to the people from another forum.Really,forget about me and start convincing people that yurts are
cheaper that the same size small house.Is the estimate you gave me wrong?
Do you want to me to forward you your own e-mail("total costs")?
Forget about me.Just give people of this forum the facts.

In order to clarify any potential future questions as to why StillHope's posts will continue to go unaddressed by me, I will clarify: I find StillHope's communication style to be rude, circular and confrontational, not to mention exhausting of precious good energy. I do hope that will change if she actually moves here, yikes! Freedom of speech is one of our very precious rights. So is the freedom of silence. As I've said before, serious questions and open-minded discussions about yurts and the like are always welcome. A hui ho!
Melissa Fletcher
YurtGirl,I give this forum just facts,which you didn't like.And rude words is your stile,not mine.
You didn't explain to the forum why minimum size of the yurt to permit is different than the standard dwelling.There is no "discrimination" in the building code.
You mentioned 30K for 800 sq ft yurt on your services.Do I have to find it and quote?I just mentioned what you estimated yourself in my case for 800 sq ft yurt which was about $27K.Now it is 20K? You Knew how difficult was for me to find that kind of cash.Why didn't you mentioned it?
You never addressed "saving thousands" on shipping .It was a direct quote from your website.
You said you are an artist?I can guess what kind.

P.S.I was the one who recommend your services even on this forum.As many other participants,I just wanted to to be clear in your statements.
Damon was actually attacking your business.("400 for the consultation?-I knew I am in the wrong business").
Now you are siding with him because he is attacking me?
Very convenient.But the facts remain.