Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is your favorite loco moco?
We did not know that BH - thanks for clarifying .We are not owners nor do we know the owners.The water is free if you request complimentary water. We always get egg scramble instead of runny un cooked egg.
Brown rice is short grain and cooked /steamed to perfection .

Plus the price is best in town for a Loco Moco .

Mes.Mimosa
Im sorry mrs mimosa was just joking. A loco throwdown sounds fun.

HPP

HPP
BH, love that local lore. Mrs. M. At Cafe 100, I order my egg over medium & it's perfect. But didn't know about the brown rice option.
I dont think Ive ever had any bad Loco Moco no matter where Ive had it. pretty hard to mess that one up. It would be edible with minute rice and canned gravy.

I have a sudden craving for popcorn..
quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

Heck you may even see us with the grand kids - all eating our own brown rice loco moco.
Mrs.Mimosa

You've said you are in your 90's, wouldn't your "grand kids" be in their 40's or 50's? We had grand kids in our 40's. Jus sayin
Yes in our 90s - to be clear - our many off spring range in ages from 40- 50 and their off spring are 20-30 and their kids are ages from new born to ages 12 - 15.So by saying grand kids - they all are - quit nit picking .

This thread is about Loco Moco and our fave is Cafe 100 in Hilo especially when we have the great great great grand kids are with us after or before the beach and after soccer or basketball or girl scout activities .

Mrs.Mimosa
I visited Cafe 100 for the first time recently because of this thread and it was great!
Every other Thursday is corned beef and cabbage served with rice, $8.95 excellent!

Today's special Nov 8 https://goo.gl/DCiKPd

We had the brown rice Loco Moco with gravy, Mrs. Mimosa it was very good, definitely will order that again.
At Cafe 100 - when ever a person gets a Loco Moco they will stamp a pink card and after you get x number of L.M's you get one free/We have a zip loc bag full of stamped cards so next time we take the great great great great grand kids to Cafe 100 - a free meal for the ohana.Always ask them to stamp your card - not really free but a refund of sorts.
Hikats - how was the corned beef ?

We also like their beef stew with out sauce .
On brown rice but no mac salad .
Keeping our kala local even though the kiddo's wanna eat at Mc Pukes.
Their parents can eat there - not us -Mc Pukes does not have brown-rice .

Glass numbers - have you had a chance to eat at Cafe 100 yet ?

Mrs .Mimosa
hikatz, I went to Cafe 100 today, no corned beef and cabbage till next Thurs. I was sad so I went to Lucy's instead, great pozole soup.