Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Restrictions to continue!
Punaperson: Hit the mute button. Rob has a high bar for banning crazies. Weʻll see how high.
Punaperson:

The first world/third world stuff you totally misunderstood. I was responding to someone else and attempting humor when doing so. I knew what I was getting into moving to Puna.

It seems reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I had a huge brainfart in another thread, so I know how that goes.

Nothing else is getting to me besides the covid theater. It's especially absurd with the current numbers lately. Not sure why that should even be controversial to say. Medical professionals are saying the same thing.

I linked to this in one of my first posts, when I was actually attempting debate. Before realizing that's impossible here. The knuckles drag too low unfortunately. 

Here it is again for you: https://www.civilbeat.org/2021/10/expert...ith-covid/

Code:
At this point in the life of the pandemic, with so many people vaccinated, Vara argued, that’s a critical risk greater than the medical one caused by Covid-19.

Get off your high horse buddy.

As far as procedures put on hold. I didn't have any trouble, but I just had an MRI done and some other things.  No surgery though, maybe that's a different matter.

In general it seems like they send people to the mainland for certain treatments anyway, but maybe it was something urgent. I have no idea because you didn't go into specifics.

As far as the other stuff... I'm lolling. You need to lighten up.

I'll let you read this other article too while you grandstand about how I'm not willing to "protect the community" or whatever.

https://www.civilbeat.org/2021/11/josh-g...nors-race/

Both Ige and Green are off somewhere while we are stuck here with restrictions. Happy reading. Maybe you should go protect the community more.

Sorry, but my Aloha was killed by Ige back in October. The day he promised things would be lifted.

(11-11-2021, 07:02 AM)Punaperson Wrote: Your whining is just that - whining.  And it’s tiresome.

No u.

(11-11-2021, 07:02 AM)Punaperson Wrote: ‘sociopath’ or ‘psychopath’ ?

No u. Ur both.
(11-11-2021, 08:48 AM)malahini Wrote: I linked to this in one of my first posts, when I was actually attempting debate. Before realizing that's impossible here. The knuckles drag too low unfortunately. 

Here it is again for you: https://www.civilbeat.org/2021/10/expert...ith-covid/

"..Bonham said people who choose to get vaccinated, and thereby protect the community’s health, should be rewarded with even more privileges that allow them to get their lives back to normal. Proof of vaccination is now required to get into places like restaurants, theaters and gyms, as well as large events.
“It needs to be easier and easier to live your life if you’re vaccinated,” he said.
Vara said the science is clear that the worst cases – which stress the hospitals and thus prompt government officials to enact social and economic restrictions – are among the unvaccinated.
“It’s time for it to be socially acceptable for you, if you are vaccinated, to have greater freedoms than if you are not,” he said. “If you’ve taken that step there should be additional freedoms that are allotted to you.”
During the House committee meeting, Honolulu Mayor Rick Blangiardi declined to say what if any additional privileges might be granted to vaccinated people. But Blangiardi made clear he agreed with the overarching theme..."

Yeah, I'm OK with this general theme.  First world gripes of mine:

1. Wearing masks outside seems a bit ridiculous IMO.  Visited the Pahoa vehicle registration yesterday due to the good old registration/safety check run around and had to wait outside for over half an hour.  Other than in crowded areas with stagnant airflow and little physical movement, I'm not sure it's still worthwhile to wear masks indoors either.  

2.  It would be nice to occasionally breeze into Island Naturals and pick up some hot food, then go outside to eat it.  But....NO!
I dislike they talk about people's rights as "privileges" though.

It's anyone's right for example to invite people over to their place for a gathering. There is no emergency currently. We're starting to sound like Australia...

I am disgusted by all of this.

Someone who owns a business and actually has some sort of legal injury should try going to IJ https://ij.org/ and see if it would be possible to make a 14th amendment based case in federal court.

IJ has managed to even get certain state licensing schemes nuked in federal court.

Most people would have no standing, but again... someone who has suffered monetary loss, or even better suffered some other sort of legal sanction from the state re: Ige's "emergency" order, might have a chance in federal court.

Probably unlikely though, unfortunately I think this is something the state itself needs to fix, but good luck with that.

There is also the possibility of killing further travel restrictions for people travelling from the US. At some point it just seems like it is side-stepping ones right to travel amongst the 50 states. He's circumventing this by forcing anyone who enters the state to quarantine if they don't do it through safe travels. Ige isn't the federal government, he has no jurisdiction over travel.

Ige's emergency proclamations also aren't akin to a city ordinance or even something passed by the state legislature, there might be something here too.
The King has decreed and the vassals will obey.
(11-12-2021, 05:17 AM)AaronM Wrote: The King has decreed and the vassals willingly obey.

Fixed it for you.  Big Grin
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
In general I don't believe these orders are actually enforceable. I'm pretty sure they will just plaster your name all over the news sites, then when its time to go to court the charges will just get dropped. So Federal court likely isn't even necessary.

Especially if you are just an individual breaking the rules, and not a business... There's not a whole lot I'd imagine they can do to you.

I'm also curious if you could take the state to federal court for arresting you for something they know isn't actually a real crime.

People here herd like sheep.

Now don't get confused though, if you walk into some business and piss them off they can certainly have you out of there for trespassing, but I'm mainly talking about say violating quarantine rules. Unless there is something the actual legislature has passed, then it gets a bit more complicated.

What eventually happened to that couple on Kauai that came here after testing positive last year? What happened when/if they actually went to court I wonder? All I remember is hearing from people with legal experience that the charges would likely not hold up in court.

Made an edit: Apparently neither of them were convicted of ANYTHING. The only criminal complaints I see are noise complaints on December 24th 2020! At first I thought it was related to the covid thing, since it was the same month... But it wasn't... they were probably just partying after they got back!

Look it up yourself! Names are here: https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/12/0...dangering/

Search for them here:
http://jimspss1.courts.state.hi.us:8080/...imer.iface

Safe travels went into effect October 15th 2020 it seems?  So does this mean they violated Ige's order and nothing happened? Okay... before I get too excited going to do further research, but boy...  Oh man... I am lolling.
You’d think if any of those people skated, they would brag about it on social media.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
(11-12-2021, 06:23 PM)eightfingers2.0 Wrote: You’d think if any of those people skated, they would brag about it on social media.

I'm going to try to get into contact with someone who has. There would be court records if they didn't. There's no way Ige's executive order cam make something a crime. It seems obvious to me they're just threatening people and dropping the charge, because if it goes to court it will get overturned.

Also you can take them to federal court for detaining you without charge.It would be a violation of your due process rights.

I found the Kauai coupe and they only have a noise charge a couple of weeks after they were arrested.

Safe travels is a sham if you can't find someone who has a charge that sticks.
The noise complaint was actually the reckless endangering. Must have been a mistake by the court .

The STATE OF HAWAII charges:
On or about the 29th day of November, 2020, in the County of
Kaua‘i, State of Hawai‘i, COURTNEY CHEANA PETERSON did engage in
conduct that recklessly placed another person in danger of death or
serious bodily injury, thereby committing the offense of Reckless
Endangering in the Second Degree, a misdemeanor, in violation of
Hawai‘i Revised Statutes Section 707-714(1)(a) .

They were given probation with a long list of conditions among them being unable to travel.