Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Open letter to Rob on Hawaii Covid information.
(12-09-2021, 06:10 AM)TomK Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 08:23 AM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 07:57 AM)TomK Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 07:42 AM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote: 'elepaio is using your tactic TomK...the same one you have used on others.  If TomK cannot defend his position, he ignores posts or uses deflection.  I haven't supported 'elepaio or defended her logic. I deciphered a post for you, Tom. That is all.  Simple as that.

eta changed his to her.

Oh, come on, please point out when and where I have used the same tactic.
Go hunting....you have ignored several of my posts to you and/or not answered questions.  I'm sure you have done so to others.  Heck...there's even an example in this thread..golly!  I deciphered 'elepaio's post for you, and you try to turn that into me defending her logic in that post.  I already made it clear where I stood in regards to her post.

I'm stuck on the mainland after having emergency eye surgery. I'm currently blind in one eye and am not allowed to fly for several more weeks. This means I don't read every post on PW because I am limited to how much time I will can read things, and despite that, I will ignore obvious trolling. However, I have never asked someone to agree that a certain pizza place is the best and if that person disagreed I would then label them as posting gibberish and unreliable information. That's trolling from yet another pog sock puppet (probably the fifth or sixth one now, likely more that got shut down quickly). I'm sorry you don't see it that way, but deciphering 'elepaio's post is just supporting a troll. And he's admitted to trolling. Did you somehow miss that?
You ASKED  the following and I answered.  

"Does anyone know what "my Gus" means or what the exception to every rule theorem is? Then there's "Punaweb is THEE place to get LOCALe info in AND out."

I don't know about others, but have found PW is not the place to LOCALe info in AND out; email, texts, and various other methods will get the job done."

More deflection now stating that I support a 'troll'.  Why don't you take a break from PW if you are recovering from surgery?  I'm assuming you are on pain medication and cannot think clearly.  Also, I see no posts from 'elepaio admitting to trolling.  

Stop addressing any posts to me while you are recovering.  I prefer to communicate with those who are coherent.  Do yourself a favor and focus on your recovery.

The only person trolling this thread is you.  
Wahine

Lead by example
(12-09-2021, 02:45 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: The best part of this thread is Rob's absence.

Although at this point if he responded to the open letter... etc with his favorite pizza place, it could tie the room together in a number of ways.

Yes, similar to the way that a nice Persian rug might tie a room together.
I'm stuck on the mainland after having emergency eye surgery.

Hope your surgery was successful TomK, and you’ll be back in the islands as soon as it’s possible.  Best wishes.
Wao nahele wahine said:
You have reached the conclusion that 'elepaio is one of the many sock puppets used by Pog.  You resent Pog et al from asking for exceptions to the rules.  As to 'elepaio being a reputable source of information, care to provide examples from Punaweb of 'elepaio not being a reputable source?

Since TomK is limited in his ability to respond due to recent eye surgery, I will add a little background.  ‘elepaio is a new username on Punaweb, but not a new poster.  Some of his many former names have been pog, airportparking, and RWR.  All of those have been banned due to personal attacks, often toward TomK, and posting other comments outside the rules of Punaweb.  I agree with TomK that it was often gibberish, and would also say nonsensical, not adding to the the conversation in any meaningful way, and occasionally somewhat offensive.

TomK has been a member of Punaweb for a very long time, has replied to pog etc in the past, and has never been banned from the forum.  Make of that what you will, but my read is that they do not play by the same rules or employ similar tactics.  We can argue minutia, but minutia is not what it takes for Rob to finally ban a poster. pog also displays an apparent inability to learn from his mistakes, which then gets him banned repeatedly.
(12-10-2021, 12:29 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Wao nahele wahine said:
You have reached the conclusion that 'elepaio is one of the many sock puppets used by Pog.  You resent Pog et al from asking for exceptions to the rules.  As to 'elepaio being a reputable source of information, care to provide examples from Punaweb of 'elepaio not being a reputable source?

Since TomK is limited in his ability to respond due to recent eye surgery, I will add a little background.  ‘elepaio is a new username on Punaweb, but not a new poster.  Some of his many former names have been pog, airportparking, and RWR.  All of those have been banned due to personal attacks, often toward TomK, and posting other comments outside the rules of Punaweb.  I agree with TomK that it was often gibberish, and would also say nonsensical, not adding to the the conversation in any meaningful way, and occasionally somewhat offensive.

TomK has been a member of Punaweb for a very long time, has replied to pog etc in the past, and has never been banned from the forum.  Make of that what you will, but my read is that they do not play by the same rules or employ similar tactics.  We can argue minutia, but minutia is not what it takes for Rob to finally ban a poster. pog also displays an apparent inability to learn from his mistakes, which then gets him banned repeatedly.
Might as well give both sides of the coin here:  

https://punaweb.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=11685&highlight=Pog

https://punaweb.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=17489&highlight=Pog

https://punaweb.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=17316&highlight=Pog
Wahine

Lead by example
both sides of the coin 

Yes.  He could be entertaining, and was capable of posting in a non-confrontational manner.  
It was the Puna version of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.
(12-10-2021, 02:59 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: both sides of the coin 

Yes.  He could be entertaining, and was capable of posting in a non-confrontational manner.  
It was the Puna version of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.

We all have those two sides, and many of us long time posters have shown that on PW.  I would appreciate it if you would drop this now as far as including part of my posts.  I understand you want to defend TomK while he is recovering.  However, this continuous bashing of someone who hasn’t done anything is ridiculous.  If or when 'elepaio becomes a troll that is a different story.  Assume the best, HOTPE.  Tis the season.
Wahine

Lead by example
Assume the best

That was possible several pages ago, and had that happened I wouldn’t have posted anything on this page.
I’m also perfectly capable of deciding what I’d like to post, and when.  Thank you.
(12-10-2021, 03:18 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Assume the best

That was possible several pages ago, and had that happened I wouldn’t have posted anything on this page.
I’m also perfectly capable of deciding what I’d like to post, and when.  Thank you.
What happened several pages ago?

All of those have been banned due to personal attacks, often toward TomK,

Any proof you can provide of this?  Understandably I can't take your word for it.
Wahine

Lead by example
(12-10-2021, 02:41 AM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote: Might as well give both sides of the coin here..

Yeah, it gets lonely up there on that mountain.. lol