Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Largest Price increase you have seen ?
Land.
I saw this headline today:

What is causing inflation? Economists point fingers at different culprits

Just like Punaweb posters, professional economists can’t agree!
Is it the price of gas in Keaau?  The cost of land in HPP?  Groceries?  Politicians?  Like the Hilo Hawaiian all-you-can-eat buffet, pick whatever you like, pile it on, there’s plenty to choose from. Pick your personal favorite(s) and don’t forget to tell the person next to you in line the food on your plate is better and more delicious than what they’re having.
Nobody has any critical thinking skills anymore. They just spout whatever garbage they are told.
The price of gas, land, groceries, etc. are not causes of inflation, they are symptoms.

The cause or causes of inflation cannot be found here within the boundaries of our "farm".

Plenty of symptoms though.
Paying Foodland prices is the cause of inflation! How can **every** item be the mai'ka'i special? And still cost twice as much as the chain stores?!
Printing money and borrowing the real money to back that up and giving that money away and kicking the bill down to a future a generation might be part of the problem.
(02-17-2022, 12:47 AM)kander Wrote: Nobody has any critical thinking skills anymore. They just spout whatever garbage they are told.

That comment might come back to haunt you.
LMAO .. Sorta like. " I trust the science "
(02-17-2022, 07:39 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:LMAO .. Sorta like.  " I trust the science "

Whoosh. That was the noise made by something going over your head.
(02-17-2022, 12:58 AM)My 2 cents Wrote: The price of gas, land, groceries, etc. are not causes of inflation, they are symptoms.

The cause or causes of inflation cannot be found here within the boundaries of our "farm".

Plenty of symptoms though.

The problem lies with mostly us, the electorate.  Just sayin’.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!