Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Properties for sale
quote:
Originally posted by Rabi: The Chairman of the Professional Standards Committee of the Kona Board of Realtors (Tom Metz) had his license revoked by DCCA and had three fines totalling more than $10,000 levied against him. Another member (Robert Ferrari) of the same committee has a DCCA rap sheet longer than Ted Bundy's. Both the National Association of Realtors and Hawaiian Association of Realtors decided it's a local issue and chose not to get involved. Talk about "country club" mentality! No wonder the industry has such a bad reputation.

So are you saying those members you referred too still work as Realtors? Do they still both serve on the Professonal Standards Committee? Maybe you should serve on that committee, or perhaps you already do. I thought once revoked always revoked. Is there a website to find such information?

The National Association of Realtors and Hawaiian Association of Realtors decided it's a local issue and chose not to get involved ---In what???

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
I think the county gets it all... to pay for the sale and to offset any loses where a property sells for less than the taxes owed.

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii

That is only for tax sales, not for foreclosures.
LOL... sorry... I was replying to an old post... very old...

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
quote:
Originally posted by oink

[quote]Is there a website to find such information?

Yes they do and they even have the guts to portray themselves as reputable people. Here is the web site to find the complaints history of all licensed individuals, not just real estate agents. http://hawaii.gov/dcca/quicklinks/online...ss_online/

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,ARB,BFT,CM,CBR,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

I had already been to that site and it does not show what you alleged. For one person it showed two issues, with the last being settled in 1993, 15 years ago. The second person shows one "Pending" complaint. A third person has four entries. One finalized with "No Violation" one finalized "Withdrawn" and two, currently "Pending". No party's record indicated a revocation.
So what's your beef with NAR. Local and state issues are just that, local and state issues. NAR is the Realtors of the the country. Why sling mud at them?

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want child molesters be teachers or felons serving as judges. NAR shouldn't just shrug their shoulders when these kind of things are brought to their attention.
BTW, just FYI, the DCCA hardly ever revokes a license or levy a $10,000 fine.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,ARB,BFT,CM,CBR,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

I don't know anything about any child molesters or felons. Generally, if your crime (felony) wasn't too egregious, after some time is passed a person can be granted a license if the State deems it appropriate. Once granted a license, the person can serve on any committees to which his/her fellow Realtors choose to elect or appoint him/her. Again, I didn't see any revocations or $10,000 fines. The DCCA and NAR are totally separate entities, one being government and the other private. Again, who pissed in your wheaties?

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Hey,guys,can we get back to the topic?
Who cares about who peed or pooped in someone's backyard?[Smile]

So back to the topic.My uneducated guess would be that all really good deals would go to the whole sale buyers (like perfect used cars end up in a dealership ).
Or not?
well, oink, just hope that you never try to pursue recourse against a shady Realtor here through the local board. I have done it and it was a joke how bad it was and how little justice was served.

As for the DCCA route, the number of hoops to jump through dissuaded me from doing it, plus there is the lovely catch that you can't file with the DCCA if you also file an ethics grievance with the local board, until the local issue is settled - by which time good luck if the statute of limitations hasn't run.

I can't say anything about the specifics of the ethics allegations, because they make you sign an agreement not to discuss it outside the hearing. But on a general note, the fact that the local board didn't compel its own members to appear at the hearing and produce the records they were bound by law to keep, and we could not confront or question the defendants, it allowed them to skate on the big issue. And they weren't kicked out of the local board for refusing to appear ...

and a board penalty is to tell the adjudicated unethical realtor to take a class on ethics, as if that is going to change someone who is unethical at heart. Or how about a fine of $1000 when the realtor made 15 times that on the commission. How does that provide incentive to be honest the next transaction?

I know a bit about what John has gone through. No need to be attacking him.

The NAR advertises that should always use a REALTOR because only NAR members can be trusted to have high standards and ethics, so that implies that if their members behave badly they will lose their standing ... and NAR should be interested in local complaints.

There are some great people in business here, and some who've just gotten way too comfy being out in the middle of the Pacific in an easygoing state. I've been burned twice by seller's realtors who flat out lied ... and each time I wanted to pursue recourse but it was just too difficult a process, especially when well-established agents are accused, they can use their connections to make business hell for another agent ...