Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Loses Again: Puna 0 Hilo 4
And me thinks that anytime Dr. W's candidate of choice is on the hotseat... that Dr. W is very honorable in standing up for her. [Wink]

-------
"...confuse people. People are already confused..."
Emily Naeole
good morning!

Damon, no, you're right, I'm too feisty to be anyone's pawn... I just don't like people riling up others with half truths purely for their own political gain. I don't know much about Bill 276 and can only speculate on why it surfaced, recalling my own coverage of reapportionment back in 2001. I really would like to research how it could have possibly got us the two Council seats I think we're already going to get in 2010.

make a good day[8)]
I think some analysis of Bill 276 would be welcome. I would rather stick to the facts on the subject. Fewer comments on people's comments would be welcome. Any bill is capable of generating votes for or against - we merely wanted to hear the rationale for voting against.

To Tiffany: At last Thursday's meeting in Pahoa I had other things on my mind. Besides I had already made a written request and was content for that to process through your office. You are always good at replying and I had confidence we would hear from you.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator

I have been reading all replies regarding another position for Puna. Words are being said and basically, can anyone tell me what has been withthe monies that has come to Puna? So far as I can see our streets and schools are in the same condition?! [?]

I for one would like an additional voice for Puna, it looks to me that one has not been doing good by itself.

Yes, we do need more "Puna Power"

Hey, Tiffany....I noticed that you've responded to comments regarding Councilwoman Naole. That's nice, but do you think that Councilwoman Naeole could answer "her people"....because of late, I have not like the comments she's made regarding "her people".

I have lived in Puna my whole life and just recently started on this forum and when I speak I speak for myself, my childrend and grandchildren. Yes, I voted for Councilwoman Naeole, and so far am not happy with anything that she's done for "her people".
Aloha Pono Puna Person,

Welcome to Punaweb. May I suggest, that since this topic is regarding Bill 276, that youcreate new topic with your question?

Just trying to keep the threads in line. Please do not be offended.

Mahalo,

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Hey you all-
I am new to the forum but I was at a mtg the other night in Puna when this came up afterwards.

To me it is truly SHOCKING that Emily would vote against the RIGHTFUL representation that Puna so needs and deserves on the Council, due to our population.

It is astounding and shows a true lack of grasp of the issues that is scary in someone who is supposed to be representing us.

I also find it very disheartening that Emily is now voting w the Hilo Boyz...

kamaaina/da kine

Liz Randol ® lizr@aloha.net
808-965-9353

TYPICALLY TROPICAL PROPERTIES

www.liz-randol.com
www.liz-randol.com/spiritpath
kamaaina/da kine

808-965-9353

www.liz-randol.com
ps- again as a new person I dont' know how you all do these things, but it does seem relevant as pono puna person brought up to talk about Emily's performance, as she is running..

Just my opinion.

I too have not been too happy. I was pleased about the DU thing but I understand that came from someone else.. Expect more active representation for Puna, a place that REALLY needs serious work, attention and super competent representation to deal with all our problems.

Education,literacy, health, jobs, transportation.. we need about five reps to start to make a dent on the situation.

We also need some serious representation on the state level.

I hear Hanohano is facing stiff opposition from Steve Sparks. Think it may be time for a new group to come in and do a more impressive job.

kamaaina/da kine

808-965-9353

www.liz-randol.com
liz i agree it takes at least five people to deal with our county and state issues.

More politicians = better solutions?

... or, not.

I have previously related here the view of legislative bodies in Kentucky where the state legislature meets for 90 days every 2 years ... and the wisdom in the hills has it that folks there would be better off if the state legislature met 2 days every 90 years.

...humor intended, of course, even though it still does not follow that having more politicians is necessarily a sure-fire way to improve quality of life.

My confidence in any government anything solving many of my problems (even the many that are government-caused) diminishes in direct relation to my increasing age -- and I get older every day .

Fair an equal representation. That is really about all one can expect.
Smile
Smile

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park