Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honk if you don't like the Shores speed bumps
Under county guidelines it is my understanding that 2/3 of the affected residents have to agree to speed bumps. Private road? Up to the community association.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
No input from the community?

Sorry, but the community is consulted yearly when they vote and install the BOD. I'll reiterate; don't blame the volunteer board, blame the apathetic members of the community that don't bother to participate in grassroots democracy.
In 27 years of driving I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've voluntarily slowed down because of speed bumps, and none of my cars have ever had any unusual suspension problems. I always figured that hitting them hard and fast gave the springs a chance to compress a little extra and work them out. Never figured out why they waste the money installing the bumps in the first place.
Yep on that terracore ! I can see the racers boys with gravel plowing air dam heights but everything else can just fly right over some of these things.

Those flat top ones @ Sack and Save are a little bigger but gotta go slow for pedestrians anyway.

aloha,
pog
Greg, when people do selfish damaging things, they should be punished PERIOD.Consider the fact that you are WRONG, Take responsibly for YOUR actions. There was no problem. Nothing needed fixing. Now there is a major one.
ed, What you say may be true; But you have yet to convince me that putting in a speed bump to slow traffic is a malicious act. It seems to be working. Results cannot always be predicted however, and if the speeders have moved to another more vulnerable street; well maybe they need bumps also.

What seems wrong to me is the attitude that the people on Papio somehow deserve this dangerous and annoying traffic but the people on Puna Coastal don't.

I'm sure the neighborhood will appreciate your candidacy for BOD next term and that your actions will meet everyone's approval.
What I take away from all this is that I feel sorry for your community. It doesn't seem like a very happy place.
quote:
Originally posted by Greg

What seems wrong to me is the attitude that the people on Papio somehow deserve this dangerous and annoying traffic but the people on Puna Coastal don't.

I think you might be missing some of the logistics involved. Papio is a thru street, whereas Coastal Puna Parkway (CPP) is a dead end. The design of the streets is different. Some people who purchased property on CPP did so because they chose to live on a lighter traveled street. Now the thru street traffic is being "diverted" to a dead end street. The people living on this otherwise quiet dead end street are now being inundated with traffic that does not belong there and that they gave up that unobstructed ocean view to avoid. That was the trade off.

Papio street has the great ocean view, but the street is a thoroughfare. CPP is a quiet dead end street, but the view is hampered by the homes on Papio street. These are the factual physical trade-offs when people purchased their properties.

quote:
I'm sure the neighborhood will appreciate your candidacy for BOD next term and that your actions will meet everyone's approval.

Here, here! That is true! Would love to see a greater selection of candidates for the BOD so there is actually a choice rather than the lesser of evils. Alas, it is a commitment not many are willing to make! It should be mandatory that each and every owner must serve at least one term. With the new technology, people who don't live here would still be able to serve. Maybe the petty high school histrionics would not affect Board decisions as much as they are now!
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
One question and I'm out of this discussion; What is stopping people from putting a speed bump on Puna Coastal?

OK, two questions; Why wouldn't they be just as affective against speeding traffic there as they are on Papio?
Answer:

Money! Some have and some do not!
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein