Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian acres roads/community association
Most of us bought our HA property knowing the condition of the roads: as is. Voluntary dues do not go very far. The good faith efforts of volunteers over the years have succeeded in keeping the roads mostly passable. I drive slowly here. I have been driving just a regular car for almost 30 years in the Acres and am willing to take my car on almost any road. Its all about dues for more road work. I am paying my dues today, are you? Lets get membership up! Check out the new HARC website. http://www.hawaiianacresroads.org/
i would like to point out that that is a different laurie from me Smile mimosa, you want me to do what? and why?
as far as the office staff, the lady you speak has just retired, and additionally there are moves being made to simplify the data processing so that mistakes such as the one you describe do not happen.

to the new laurie - just the BS = C@N#-i ; 2bad4everyone = susan(n)

#10048;
#10048;
I am paying my dues today, are you?

Is the road to/from your house noticeably better for having paid those dues?

Serious question.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

I am paying my dues today, are you?

Is the road to/from your house noticeably better for having paid those dues?

Serious question.

I can get in and out with a small car for all these years, so yes, the road is better in some places and passable in others. Without work over the years on the lettered roads, paid for by dues and worked on by volunteers, the roads would be impassable. I love the rough roads. It slows me down. I do not want pavement in front of my home.
I love the rough roads. It slows me down. I do not want pavement in front of my home.

Not everyone agrees. Fortunately the problem is expensive enough that little will change.
quote:
Originally posted by justthefacts

tom true dat , no aloha , biggest part of the problem . people just cant seem to nicely debate an issue , they go straight to the hate and name calling and sometimes retaliation . it makes such a hostile environment for discussion. the fact that more people have moved into the subdivision with expectations for their vision of how they want things to be has added to the mix. many property owners are so fed up with the current state of affairs that they no longer pay into HACA or HARC . at some point things will have to change for the betterment of the community either thru mediation,or a court appointed trustee that would step in to put things in order.

You have been spreading your unsubstantiated suspicions and outright lies about HACA & HARC for years. You have no legitimacy or credibility with most of our community, even when you pretend to "talk nice".There is no need for court to put things in order. Its way beyond the “woman who cried wolf” now. Your destructive attitude has caused great harm. Fortunately, the Acres community is resilient and we are moving forward anyway. I just paid my dues. Pay your dues if you truly care about HA.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

I love the rough roads. It slows me down. I do not want pavement in front of my home.

Not everyone agrees. Fortunately the problem is expensive enough that little will change.

I understand that not everyone agrees. However, what you saw when you purchased your land is what you get. Mandatory road dues are unlikely to happen. Volunteer to help get membership up, then we have a chance for nicer roads. Have you paid road dues lately?
quote:
Originally posted by birchl

i would like to point out that that is a different laurie from me Smile mimosa, you want me to do what? and why?
as far as the office staff, the lady you speak has just retired, and additionally there are moves being made to simplify the data processing so that mistakes such as the one you describe do not happen.

to the new laurie - just the BS = C@N#-i ; 2bad4everyone = susan(n)

#10048;

It appears to me from the tone and language that Susan(n) is using "justthefacts". Is she posting under two?
Have you paid road dues lately?

I do my own maintenance for roads near my house (that I actually use) instead of paying HARC for maintenance on other roads elsewhere (that I don't use).

This means I pay more, but it also means I benefit from doing so. HARC can't even seem to trim the brush or clear the fallen trees.
Laurie - So very nice to see a sister with great knowledge come forth to share versions of past memories.
My husband and I thank you for your efforts.
We have a question for you-or rather several combined into one.
We have more than one lot in H.A. - we bought mostly in 1960 through 1973.
We have done much work from our own pockets never seeking any compensation or permissions.
We have paid our HACA/HARC dues on one lot over the last 30-40+ years.
Now this particular lot is in escrow and we feel we do not need to pay the $60.00 and the $30.00 again via escrow,nor do the buyers.Escrow says we MUST pay plus the $25.00 title transfer fee to each organization in order to close escrow.Since we refuse to double pay or triple pay,this ransom,our buyers may pull out and leave us in a bind.
In addition,when was this hidden fee started and do you feel this is honest an creates a good transparency for the buyers and sellers of said properties.
We think every lot sold since this hidden fee and fee's were started need to be reimbursed to each lot owner or in the very least given the option for re reimbursements since this is not legal in our perspective .
Any thoughts Laurie ?