Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Walkouts
Yawn, they might, or might not even try. Bully's only prey on the weak.

Better to have a guardian of the flock whom the wolf has to deal with than none at all wouldn't you say ?

CCW for teachers and staff. Make it known it's an armed campus.
Less guns = less school shootings.
Does anyone disagree? I mean, in a rational sense, forgetting for a minute your love of things that go bang!
Do we not want less school shootings?
At Columbine the armed police response did nothing. Nineteen years later at Parkland the armed response did nothing.

Frankly I'm not too impressed with proposals that depend on armed responses. Just a theory to sell more guns to me.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Better to have a guardian of the flock whom the wolf has to deal with than none at all wouldn't you say ?

Like this? The trained, deputized, armed guard at the recent Florida school shooting drove his golf cart toward the school entrance, stopped, and watched. Protocol stated he was supposed to pursue and actively engage the shooter. He didn't.

Earlier this week:
A teacher who is also a reserve police officer trained in firearm use 'accidentally' discharged a gun Tuesday at Seaside High School in Monterey County, Calif., during a class devoted to public safety, school officials said in a statement. A male student was reported to have sustained injury...

Your plan RWR, as has been repeatedly proven, simply doesn't work in the real world. We can't even get an East Hawaii police officer to pull over a car for a safety sticker violation by himself. He needs two other officers for backup. I can't imagine that a lone cop stationed at an area school, in an active shooter situation, would do any better. He'd probably wait until the other on-duty officers in Puna District arrive on the scene, blue lights flashing. That is, if they all weren't currently engaged in writing a ticket for an active driver situation involving expired plates.

I said, ‘Wrong, Justin (Trudeau), you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ - President Donald J. Trump, 3/14/18
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"The trained, deputized, armed guard at the recent Florida school shooting...watched. Protocol stated he was supposed to...engage the shooter. He didn't."

Yes, this amazing (and cowardly) failure puts into question this whole business of having all these armed personnel to protect at schools. What a black eye for the NRA rhetoric.
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

I predict if any gun control is enacted, the next school attack will involve Sarin or Ricin. Then what?

I predict that it would still be done with a gun, but would occur less often and with less fatalities.
I'm aware of these incidents and its a shame the one person made that decision. I sure wish the Coach had the weapon BC I think things would have been different.

I hope your are also aware of the recent incidents of potential shooters THWARTED by armed citizens. "And its amazing."

I added that last quote for you to pick up on your perpetual circle mongering.

And please stop talking down about our police force.

The evidence seems to be that armed police are afraid of the firepower available to any mal-content mouth breather. When that mouth breather is on a suicide mission armed guards just don't matter.... but the firepower can be reduced to a level where they don't feel so empowered.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
"Don't fear the weapon Paul, it's just a tool."
I don't fear the weapon, I fear how easy it makes it for the lunatics who will always be among us to inflict maximum damage.
I think machine guns are pretty cool, but then nuclear weapons impress me too. Doesn't mean I want everyone who wants one to have one.

At Columbine the armed responders let people bleed to death over a number of hours instead of risking themselves.
Who would run into a building when the only thing you know about it is that someone in there has a gun and wants to use it?
"I hope your are also aware of the recent incidents of potential shooters THWARTED by armed citizens."

No, Im are not aware, but does it in any way weigh up against the number of lives lost by school shootings, a very substantial number of suicides and toddlers pulling handguns from purses in Walmart and shooting their mother in the face?