Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Restrictions to continue!
When you do your own research, some people get more accurate results than others.
(11-12-2021, 07:25 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: When you do your own research, some people get more accurate results than others.

Where did you find that? I can only find the pretrial thing for the.noiae complaint?
If this is true then why didn't it show up when I searched?
The noise complaint was actually the reckless endangering. Must have been a mistake by the court .
(11-12-2021, 09:40 PM)Obie Wrote: The noise complaint was actually the reckless endangering. Must have been a mistake by the court .

Unlikely. It's obvious they couldn't make reckless endangerment stick so they changed to disorderly conduct for making a ruckus at the airport. I would imagine if they had better legal representation that wouldn't have stuck either.

Courts don't make mistakes like that!
While there is something weird about the Kauai couple, and the fact I couldn't find anyone actually fined besides them. They were fined for disorderly conduct though, not for breaking restrictions specifically.

On the legality of the travel restrictions, it looks like I was a bit off. The issue is more about how long these restrictions have continued.

https://reason.com/volokh/2020/04/04/res...-epidemic/

https://marinbar.org/news/article/?type=news&id=553

Quote:Generally speaking, state governments can't bar people from entering a state, or for that matter traveling within the state. Such prohibitions might normally violate the Commerce Clause, the Privileges and Immunities Clause of Article IV, the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, or a substantive due process right to travel.

The longer these restrictions remain in effect, the more they demand judicial scrutiny.

That said, noted constitutional law professor Eugene Volokh of UCLA’s School of Law has opined that some forms of travel restrictions are likely to withstand scrutiny, “based on the general thrust of the cases—coupled with the fact that judges likely don't want to deny government officials the temporary tools they need to stave off likely tens of thousands (or more) deaths in this extraordinary time....” (Eugene Volokh, Restrictions on Interstate (and Intrastate) Travel in an Epidemic, The Volokh Conspiracy Blog (Apr. 4, 2020),

Note the *temporary* here though. Ige is really, really pushing things.

If this continues into next year, it is really, really pushing the definition of temporary and federal courts will eventually intervene.

Having standing to challenge them is the real issue.
Given recent upticks of Coronavirus on the mainland and Europe, along with a surge of domestic and international tourists this winter, I see zero chance of any change in policy prior to next Spring.
zero chance of any change in policy prior to next Spring

It might be slightly less irritating if Ige would simply state a long-term forecast so everyone could make appropriate plans. Instead, we will find out a day or two before the current emergency expires, and it will be another 60-day declaration. Twice more and it will be almost two years, sixty days at a time...

Meanwhile we're encouraging tourists to visit, because that's the only important thing.
The part I donʻt get is that the Hilo Fri.night market has group tables, vendors and music, yet no outside tables Island Naturals to eat a sandwich my myself and no loitering, eating, etc. at Makuu Mkt.
Certainty will be the death of us.
Oh yeah. Ige is right at least in thinking cases will go up again. Green is delusional about this, but watch him flip flop again.

I would guess hospitalizations would be manageable though.

If they don't end it now I don't think they ever will.

As far as Island Naturals, maybe it's just a store policy?
More like the owner is a professional wokester.