Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is President Obama Hawaiian?
How did we get on the subject of Texas, a desolate place populated by Texeroids.
Wouldn't it be a different world if one took pride in one's DNA diversity, in same manner in which health is measured in an ecosystem, rather in how racially pure, or rather, how in-bred, one is?
quote:
Originally posted by Greg

How did we get on the subject of Texas, a desolate place populated by Texeroids.

desolate...LOL

Have you been to Kona.... that drive over the Saddleback Road has some of the most desolate views I have ever seen.

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
quote:
Originally posted by JerryCarr

Jon, you and I have a lot in common. My father was also in Hawaii in WWII before heading out for Saipan and Okinawa.

My father was on the York Town for a short time and the New Orleans until the war ended.
He did not talk much about the war, at least not the bad things, but he talked a little about Hawaii. He stayed in The Royal Hawaiian when he was here. He talked about the people here, how they seemed to ready and willing to do anything to help the military.

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Are we talking about the term Hawaiian like Californian, Texan, Alaskan, New Yorker, etc? or Hawaiian like Mexican, Cherokee, English, French? Yes, he is from Hawaii making him a Hawaiian. But he is also not Hawaiian (the ethnic group).

When I dissected it - my former husband was Texan (he is a real Mc Coy *** no pun intended *** on his mother's side) - but his ethnic group many generations previous was French. So is he a Texan as Obama is Hawaiian? or French as Obama is not Hawaiian?

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
http://bluewaterprojects.blogspot.com/
808 965-9261
"We help make building your dream home a reality"
Ding ding ding ding..... that is the best description of the term I have seen yet.

Transplanted Texan
Thanx, KapohoCat, for telling it straight. Also, all these people trying to make an issue of Obama's being from Hawaii or Chicago...

I've lived longer in Hawaii than anywhere else, more than half my 64 years now. But I'm also from England (born there during WWII to an American serviceman and young English woman), lived there off and on in my childhood enough to be able to travel there as an adult and drive around London knowing where I was going. From 18 months of age, I was also raised in the deep southern U.S., attending more than a dozen schools in states from Virginia to Florida to Alabama and Texas, my father being from North Carolina with a career in the U.S. Air Force. Lots of kids grow up like that; it's no big thing.

Living and working here, I also have a great appreciation for the history of the Native Hawaiians, as I'm sure Obama does. As he's not Native Hawaiian, while articles indicate he is sympathetic to their cause, I'm sure many would have thought it presumptuous of him to launch his political career from Hawaii. So to make his mark as a young man, he had to find his place in the world, and that's why he went away to school, traveled in the world and found his place in Chicago. And let's face it, Black people have not been treated with respect in Hawaii over the years, altho' I see that's been changing for the better in the past decade.

So, yes, Obama is from Hawaii making him Hawaiian, the way KapohoCat defines it. Yet he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders. May the universe bless him and keep him and his family safe.
quote:
Originally posted by frankiestapleton
...And let's face it, Black people have not been treated with respect in Hawaii over the years, altho' I see that's been changing for the better in the past decade...

This is the second time I have heard this type of a phrase on Punaweb.

Frankie... as a former reporter, can you please at least give an example or two of how black people have not been treated with respect in Hawaii over the years?

Of all places in America... I think Blacks have been treated more equal here in Hawaii then other parts of America.

Helen Hale was our own Council Lady for how many years?

Am I just blind to this "Anti-Black" thing... because I'm Half Black?

I just don't see it the way I did in the mainland... yet this is the second time this has been said on Punaweb... by two separate people that I think are very knowledgeable people here in Puna.

-------
My Blog
quote:
Originally posted by frankiestapleton...
I've lived longer in Hawaii than anywhere else..

Thank you Frankie and all the precinct workers for making voting so easy at our Pahoa Polling center last Tuesday! The voting time was quick!

Isn't it racist to give any consideration to a persons race?

Should not we just judge a person by their character, not the color of their skin.

As long as people hold themselves out as a separate group, Hawaiian, Black, White, we will never reach the dream.

We should tell our children that they are just people. There is no benefit or penalty for your lineage. You are an individual, when you have success it is because you earned it, when you fail, well son, you just suck.