Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you visit friends in Hawaii....
Ralph thank you so much~ I think I need to go to bed because I'm laughing so hard about the hilarity of it all, hey is that a word? Anyway I heard recently that TSA appreciates clean laundry also! Good night Gracie!

mella l

Paris London New York PUNA
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Good Night Gracey, and SH, make sure you switch to the other side of the bed tonight!
Thanks for the votes of support all. Life is good: Spring break starts at 3 PM tomorrow, I took a sick day to catch up on No Child Left Behind mandated paperwork and since I had the house to myself I went into hyperdrive and got so much done that I feel like I am not going to spend my whole vacation at the computer, my dogs and the herd of new dogs next door have finally decided they don't have to bark at each other all day, we have no visitors scheduled until my daughter moves back from Mexico in August, I live in Puna, Hawaii and my catchment is overflowing! What more could a girl want?

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Hey Mella, you can hang up your bloomers at the Bamboo Castle! (gotta hand it to our e-community, many times we really are just like family, dirty laundry & all!) ETA( I just figured out why Shipman gym is quiet tonight! thanks Carol!)
Bamboo Shack, Carey! HA! When are you going to visit?? Need to return your hot wire...

Oh yea, Visiting Friends is the subject. We're looking forward to our first mainland visitors as we did in California. Sharing is its own return for us, but Carol's story is a great heads-up. Thanks again Carol.
<-------- Taking notes! I'll be needing this in the future.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.

- Benjamin Franklin [Big Grin]

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Boy oh boy have I had my fill with visitors that don't get it! lol... especially the water thing, why would someone need to take so many showers? Happened to us when hubby's brother and girlfriend came. They dominated our living spaces, didn't provide any food for themselves at all and wanted to go out to eat when I had already stocked up to cook!

Showers multiple times a day each... we work from home and couldn't even do that cause they just didn't get it. They even had their own rental car and STILL didn't understand why we couldn't spend every waking moment taking them sightseeing... they would literally wake up and come in and say "We don't care what we do today, just take us somewhere cool..." well we HAVE TO WORK! I just wanted to scream.

I finally locked myself in my room the last ocuple of days, refused to come out but for meals that I refused to cook. Hubby was so happy when they were gone- just as I was.

We have a seperate ohana for guests until the end of April, we chose to buy with no room to spare for guests! Even had to break it to the MIL that she'll have to get a room in May when she visits. She wasn't happy and that's when I realized just how much we're taken advantage of here by our "friends and loved ones" from another place.

ETA: I want to be clear though, that MIL and my mother are both aweosme visitors and we're happy to have them on our couch anytime. It just so happens that MIL doesn't want to sleep on the couch. Darn! At least the moms will cook, keep themselves busy and give us some space.

~ Rachael
I am so lucky that my friend/neighbor has a rental cottage just next door. That way, any potential guests that I think can't handle the primitive conditions, or just ones that I fear will talk my ear off or in some way tire us out, I suggest they stay at the rental. That way, they usually also rent a car, and all goes well. They walk over for get-togethers but leave in the evening at a decent hour.
haa haaa haa....maud..."or just ones that I fear will talk my ear off or in some way tire us out..." No freakin' kidding ROFLOL! They are moving faster than we are! That mainland talkin' will melt your ears! LOL![Big Grin][Big Grin]

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR