Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
Wow kalakoa...my point is this...and I am talking about road maint not fuel tax....why don't they mix it up so they aren't just servicing the upper park?

The recurring theme in Puna seems to be "paying for something I didn't get".

It's time to accept this and move on, because it's not changing any time soon.
Sorry, I won't accept that I have to put up w/this choking dust. It's unacceptable. I think we're all down to the nitty gritty bc there's absolutely nothing left on our roads literally but powder. This can't go on much longer...I think the GM's going to get a lot more complaints than he's ever had bc most of the roads have been scraped and rolled by now....esp after raising our road fees 10%.
quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

Wow kalakoa...my point is this...and I am talking about road maint not fuel tax....why don't they mix it up so they aren't just servicing the upper park?

I bowed not to write on this thread any longer BUT recent comments need to be nipped on the bud.

Kaloka's comments are right on the money each and everytime. To suggest he/she ought to move away is an affront to anyone with two cents worth of brain

Mermaid, what about if go and explore the empty bottom of your ocean for a while? Your constant diatribe full of authoritarian "by laws" sapience is annoying and useless to say the least, are you a former employee, or board member? I take that back I really don't care, just take a break.

Are we going to keep our heads stuck in the sand pretending that new Board volunteers will fix our road woes? Really?

Folks, this is a huge subdivision and we need a professional firm to take over managent....under the supervision of a board. We reached the bottom a long time ago, now we are paying increased fees to keep afloat a dying road Association with a serious mismanagement problem created by a fleeting Board of volunteers. There is not much difference between how HPP operates and the Federal Govetment who keeps on printing money to keep appearances.

Would a real solution be tough and cost money? Sure it will, but it won't be so painful and costly if we home owners get our heads out of the sand and get on dismantling this horrendous and costly circus.

Eroded and dusty roads crippled by over growing vegetation...HOW MUCH WORSE can it get?? Might as well dump the whole thing and do it ourselves for crying out loud. No lonely manager with a crew of of incompetents that are just happy to collect a pay check will ever cope with the job in hand. This has gotten to be huge for them and the board.

We can turn blue on the face ranting about this. Either we live with it like most of sheep would or we sue the road Association for breach of contract. Each time there is an exchange of money for services there is an implicit contract . In this case each and every Board volunteer can be sued personally, along the road Association itself.. There are no other alternatives.

We need courage not diatribe. At this point, a class action suit is in order.

jdo
jdo
constant diatribe full of authoritarian "by laws" sapience

Compare/contrast: County and State have rules and laws "for everyone" ... now look at how they're applied.

Eroded and dusty roads crippled by over growing vegetation...HOW MUCH WORSE can it get??

Look at Hawaiian Acres for an example ... but then consider that their ($60!) road dues are voluntary. Sometimes people trim their own vegetation, or collect funds to fix up the roads near their lot; in either case, those people are getting 100% value for their time and money.
Give Mermaid a break Johnd. It serves no purpose to insult fellow HPP lot owners. We're all in the same boat. Most of your posts here are the same diatribe. Suits cost money and requires organization. People don't have money. There's zero communication other than Punatalk and FB.

What ever happened to your facebook plan? You said you were working on something legal. Have you had that talk with the general manager?

Look at Hawaiian Acres for an example ... but then consider that their ($60!) road dues are voluntary.
------
kalakoa, what kind of an organization set up do they have?

There is not much difference between how HPP operates and the Federal Govetment who keeps on printing money to keep appearances.

It's more efficient and cost effective too:

* No expensive engravers, engraving, or printing presses required
* No secure storage necessary, just a bank account and a stamp that says "For Deposit Only"

Perfect citizens: Those who do not like cake, but have a passion for producing eggs, butter, sugar & milk.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
what kind of an organization set up do they have?

HARC ("Road Corps") is a separate entity from HACA ("Community Association").

HARC begs for money. If you want maintenance for the roads near your house, you get yourself elected onto the HARC board, so that you can direct resources appropriately.

HARC used to be better funded, rumor has it "someone" did a mass-mailing to inform all the absentee owners that road dues were not mandatory.

Vegetation is hardly ever trimmed, so I carry a machete in the car.
Vegetation is hardly ever trimmed, so I carry a machete in the car.

If you have a pickup truck, it's always a good look and a message to other drivers that clearly states "I'm From Puna," if you mount the machete in your rear window behind the bench seat. Be sure to fasten it down in at least two places with Velcro straps.

Perfect citizens: Those who do not like cake, but have a passion for producing eggs, butter, sugar & milk.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves