Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hawaiihealthconnector.com
Insurance is a scam in the sense of the overinflated paychecks of the thousands of executives in many of the larger companies being one reason for the inflated prices. Insurance companies pay for it so people use medical care ever more and hospitals charge insane amounts of money for things they should throw in for free like 2 advil costing $120 on one of my hospital bills. there is no way to fix it now. It's broken.

comin' your way soon!
comin' your way soon!

Birdmove's quote
I'm not as familiar with this website. We are going with Kaiser. If you expect to qualify for the subsidies, then you will have to first apply for Medquest. They must turn you down (if your income is too high), and then you take that form and can then sign up for Obamacare. We are waiting for our form where Medquest turned us down. As soon as we get that we are going to go sign up for Obamacare in person. I started an "account" at Hawaiiconnect, but, apparently, when they made changes in the login page, my account was deleted. At least I can't access it any more. That's why ....we are going to go sign up in person----------------------------------
Mahalo! this has provided a little light on the subject for me! Signed up for an acct. w/ Hawaii Healthcare Connector.... emailed them questions weeks ago.......no response.
Filled out the application on LINE WITH HHCC. NOTICED THAT i WAS BOUNCED TO A NEW SITE, "KOLEA"
just got a letter of Denial from the State of Hawaii, Med Quest Division. THEY SAID THEY FORWARDED MY APPLICATION TO HAWAII HEALTHCARE CONNECTOR.
Wondered how in the heck they got involved! And am concerned whether my application got "forwarded" to the corp.I thought I was working with in the first place.
Went back to the site to look for a human contact. Will be meeting with a rep. from ARC.
I have spoken w/ a Kaiser acct. Rep. in Florida, registered W/ HHC, FILLED OUT AN APP. on a site entitled State of Hawaii Kolea, turned down by Med Quest.and am now requesting clarification from an Arc. employee...whoever they are! This is crazy.
So, where are you going to be signing up in person? I'd fly to Honolulu to end this nonsense!
To sign up for Obamacare you can go to the ARC of Hilo at 1099 Waianuenue opposite and before the hospital.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Here is my experience so far with the new plans. I was paying for my own insurance through HMSA for 188 a month. Pretty good insurance, no prescriptions but didn't need anyway. HMSA sent me a letter of my choices in October, the cheapest plan for me, Bronze, is 260, and a 6500 deductible. They will pay generic drugs, yearly exam, and some kind of vision, but until that 6500 is paid they pay no part of anything else. Not happy.
But the Prez says you can keep your old plan! No worry, be happy!
Seems fairly common now according to a number of reports in the news that the letters the private health insurance companies send out are largely "upsell" efforts. So getting notified of more expensive policies is not a surprise. These letters pointedly avoid mentioning to their clients that they are being upsold (for the company's profit improvement) and pointedly ignore advising them to check out the state exchanges for offerings from both them and other companies, many times at lower cost and possibly obtaining subsidies.

As far as keeping your old plan, that was once literally true as all plans issued before Obamacare's passage into law were grandfathered in, if the private companies chose to continue them. After the law went into effect companies could no longer issue substandard junk policies that did not meet minimum standards specified in the law.
Good news for people with cancelled junk health insurance policies: Obama proposed a regulatory fix that you can keep your junk policy if the private insurance company wants to reissue and extend it. It's up to the companies to choose to reissue or not. If they reissue the policy the insurance companies are then required to tell you that their policy that they had formerly issued you is substandard relative to the Obamacare, and they are required to tell you that you can look at the exchanges for better policies and that you may be eligible for subsidies or Medicaid. So if you liked your cancelled health insurance policy go talk to your insurance company and see what they have to say.