Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cat shootings
Since we're talking about the inhumane treatment of animals; When you think of how most of our meat is produced, the conditions that those animals endure, the killing of a few cats is pretty small scale.

So is it less cruel to eat at a fast food place that tortures animals for their profit and our convenience?

Or to turn a nuisance animal in for euthanization?

How can we complain about one situation and ignore the other?
How can we complain endlessly while ignoring the active volcano?
Yes in fact I do think that abandoning a companion animal that you have brought into your home and made what should be lifetime commitment too, and then just dumped like trash is a capital offense. People like that should be removed from the gene pool, hopefully before they have an opportunity to pass on those genes. If you commit to an animal, you bear ultimate responsibility for the welfare of that animal, its health, comfort and if necessary death. This animal in no way understands that its is being tossed out with the trash and left to fend for itself in a hostile environment. You talk about a basic lack of humanity, this is the ultimate example of a lack of even the most basic human feelings. Now back to using a final solution. Had I intended to use the term in the context used by the Nazi, it would in fact have been capitalized to denote same. It was not, and is therefore just normal English usage. If you chose to interpret that otherwise, TS.

dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
quote:
Originally posted by snorkle

Since we're talking about the inhumane treatment of animals; When you think of how most of our meat is produced, the conditions that those animals endure, the killing of a few cats is pretty small scale.

So is it less cruel to eat at a fast food place that tortures animals for their profit and our convenience?

Or to turn a nuisance animal in for euthanization?

How can we complain about one situation and ignore the other?

I'm trying to raise my livestock humanely so my family doesn't have to eat those tortured mass produced animals, but if I can't protect them from feral cats.....

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Well, after all of the above, all i can say is wow.
It takes all kinds to make a good enlightening well rounded conversation.
Can't we all just get along.

There is only one rule for being a good talker - learn to listen.
Christopher Morley

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Take a toke Dick.

5 pages and you are still raging? Don't you know the internet is made of cats?
If you want to let your cats outside, but want to be responsible about keeping them from killing birds, this product could be the solution. My daughter adopted a cat that turned out to be a voracious birder, especially endangered songbirds; she found this product, and now can let her cat out without worrying about the birds. It also would make it pretty obvious that your cat was a pet and not feral, although they do look pretty silly in a bib.

http://catgoods.com/

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
There is this other thing too called a bell. I think you all know what that is. Birds hear it and fly away and if your cat is wearing a collar with a bell it is clearly not feral.
I've known belled cats who were excellent hunters. They learned to move stealthily, without ringing the bell, until they were virtually on top of their prey.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
You are right, Derrick. Collars with bells is great idea and it works most of the time.
You might be correct, MarkH. But I know my cat and he 100% brings in his critter, dead or alive, always, always announcing his prize with a big trumpet call.
And again, they are priceless because they make me laugh. Gotta get off Punatalk cuz I'm not laughing after reading some of the comments here. What happened to the light, free-to-express-your opinion without attacks?

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.