Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Sunday Morning Walk In Puna
Rob is sleeping ... Why not delete posts so he does not have to read them ...
"And as per my experience with people of your upbringing, you can easily miss the point entirely"

You have no idea about my upbringing, but I'm pleased to see the prediction of your meltdown is now becoming true. Congratulations, you must be very proud.

In the meantime, how about leaving the discussion of dangerous dogs and their owners to the adults?
Yes Tom, you are fitting perfectly into said box.

As you like to ascribe labels

Please tell me how I am " melting down "

Right now, you are doing what is typical ( for brits ) when you challenged.

pog,
I know you agree in general with gypsy on how to interact with loose, growling dogs, which includes pearls of wisdom such as, wait until you're bit by a dog before you do anything. But what specific advice would you recommend?

For instance, if you found yourself in a public area where you are legally entitled to be, and a group of illegally, unleashed dogs came running up to you in a threatening manner, what exactly would you do? How would you handle the situation?

You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I already posted that ... Try read it

pog,
You said you agree with gypsy, but I don't see any of your own advice throughout this long thread. If you have, would you mind repeating it? If you haven't, how you would handle this situation? You seem to indicate that in your opinion I didn't make the best decisions, how would you do better?

You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
i really did post it ..
i really did post it ..

I read back through every page, and was unable to find any advice or recommendations from you, just commentary. But better late than never, right? How would you handle this situation? How could I have done better?
Will be back .. Need to work . For now, I'm gonna delete our petty B.S. ...
quote:
Originally posted by pog

Will be back .. Need to work . For now, I'm gonna delete our petty B.S. ...

[?]
quote:
Originally posted by pog

Since we living " on the primal edge "

Next time ... Walk right over to the dog owners and let them know with a smile ... Shoots, i thinking you dogs gonna eat me, I skeerd.

Give them food for thought to marinate.

I think I found your suggestion pog (above).
I have a follow up question though, if the dogs are already in attack mode, do you think approaching their owner would improve the situation?