• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is President Obama Hawaiian?
quote:
Originally posted by Beachboy

quote:
Originally posted by Damon

quote:
Originally posted by frankiestapleton
...And let's face it, Black people have not been treated with respect in Hawaii over the years, altho' I see that's been changing for the better in the past decade...

This is the second time I have heard this type of a phrase on Punaweb.

Frankie... as a former reporter, can you please at least give an example or two of how black people have not been treated with respect in Hawaii over the years?

Barack Hussein Obama is 50% white, 43.75 % Arab, and only 6.25% black

Of all places in America... I think Blacks have been treated more equal here in Hawaii then other parts of America.

Helen Hale was our own Council Lady for how many years?

Am I just blind to this "Anti-Black" thing... because I'm Half Black?

I just don't see it the way I did in the mainland... yet this is the second time this has been said on Punaweb... by two separate people that I think are very knowledgeable people here in Puna.

-------
My Blog

I'll give you a perfect example. The Waikiki Hyatt Regency in the heart of Waikiki use to have a night club called "Spats". It was extremely popular by the locals during the 70's & early 80's. Back then the military was more visible on weekends in Waikiki. So of course service men would find their way to "spats". But for years the African-American was turned away at the door with some lame excuse. This went on and on for years. What changed was the black-american athletes from University of Hawaii, who came from the mainland to here knowing that their social life would be severely hampered here in the islands. Over the years well rounded black athletes like UH. Basketball coach Bob Nash blended into the community, and even embraced the culture. It also helped Hawaii having Wally Amos become famous with his cookies right here in the islands.
Even Barack Obama talked about feeling a bit alienated while going to school in Punahou back in the days. But that is all past us now. For now the most powerful man in the world is Black, and originally from Hawaii,. The 50th state couldn't be prouder of that fact that we now have the first Hawaiian in the White House!!!

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!

"For now the most powerful man in the world is Black, and originally from Hawaii"

Crazy Lady to John McCain at campaign rally: "I don't trust Obama. He's an Arab".
John McCain to Crazy Lady: "No, no, no m'am. He is not an Arab."

quote:
Originally posted by HiloHaole

"For now the most powerful man in the world is Black, and originally from Hawaii"

geez what kinda right-wing nazi group has come up with this BS? People who grew up here in the is;lands know Obama hasn't a drop of Arab blood in his body. Same people who came up with this crap are probably the same people who tried saying Obama wasn't born in Hawaii!

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
I don't care if he is Adolf Hitler, he is the President of the USA, please try to show him the respect of the Office and if you can't then Canada may be a-callin you.

8 Years of bashing is enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
I agree,we need to show the respect and let him try to make positive changes.

The only thing that scares me is that he might act on his middle name..

(Back to the building section)
I am not sure why this subject is even being regurgitated at this point. This is the biggest day in American History. Let's celebrate it and give President Obama support and faith instead of trying to figure out his DNA. He is Hawaii's son and I think that the state has a lot to be proud of in that regard.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.travelingfork.blogspot.com
quote:
Originally posted by StillHope

I agree,we need to show the respect and let him try to make positive changes.

The only thing that scares me is that he might act on his middle name..

(Back to the building section)

Excuse me but it is WE THE PEOPLE who need to make the positive changes, get involved in our government and promote and produce that truly American belief that ALL MEN are created EQUAL. BE THE CHANGE, that is what he is asking of ALL AMERICANS. Barack Hussein Obama President of the US ofA, will has given us OUR challenge and he will encourage, lead and do all he can from his side!

If we each do our part, pick somewhere to help out, whether it is the garden, a local elder care unit, the local government chambers, or the park down the street. It will take all of us pulling together to rise to our greatness as AMERICANS and show the world what we CAN DO.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
"I am not sure why this subject is even being regurgitated at this point. This is the biggest day in American History. Let's celebrate it and give President Obama support and faith instead of trying to figure out his DNA."

That seems contradictory. If one's not concerned with his DNA, then
there's no reason "this is the biggest day in American History."
Yawn.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator