Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VICTORY in sight for Gay Civil Unions
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Orts
ETA: Dave, so that we can all agree and not get side tracked on the issue of Hawaii, I'll assume that whenever the word civil union is mentioned, it references the Domestic Partnership type meaning and when Marriage is used, it references the tradional common definiton of matrimony. Because not all states and not all fedreal laws use the same terminaiology to mean the same thing, (and some uses one to mean the other) if we keep it to the purpose of these two things, we can get on with the discussion. Fair?

Bob,

Didn't see this originally. I agree we should all agree on this. That way there will be no question as to meaning. Fair enough.

BTW, when are we going to have laws and regulations that apply evenly to everyone in this country? (This is a rhetorical question) [Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Dream Kona
Da Kine Hosting
Da Kine Web Design
quote:
[i]Originally posted by konadave
BTW, when are we going to have laws and regulations that apply evenly to everyone in this country? (This is a rhetorical question) [Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]

no joking with this question, really.
When are we going to have laws and regulations that apply evenly to everyone in this country? Gays and lesbians are the last minority group that is still discriminated against by non-equality in rights applied to everyone else in the U.S. This Hawaii law doesn't go near far enough. We are not all equal until all minorities are equal to the majority. Equal rights for all of us. That is what we shold stand for in this country.
You people are sick! While I was back home visiting Fiji (no internet in my village) I received several nasty e-mails condemning me because of my relationship with my goat. I changed my profie so you can't e-mail me anymore. However, I have never said I had a sexual relationship with my goat, all I said I was living with my goat, but even if I did it's none of your damned business who I have sex with! Some people live with dogs, some people live with cats, I live with a goat. We all should qualify for the civil union regardless of who we have sex with. In fact, cheating married people should qualify for the civil union with their girlfriends or boyfriends too! And leave my goat alone! It's not Sammy!
Your point, Savu Savu?
Could you clarify?
Sounds like he was clarifying.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Don't feed the troll....
Why not? I thought Savu was pretty clear and funny as hell.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Animals have nothing to do with civil unions.

PBC
quote:
Originally posted by punaticbychoice

Animals have nothing to do with civil unions.

PBC

however, it is interesting how many folks tried to take this thread off topic. I think it is because they are uncomfortable. Lots of responses once the topic switched to "left-handedness". folks couldn't say enough about that which has nothing to do with civil unions. and then we have the numerous responses to the goat.
Just find it interesting how folks want to point out it is not really for gays, but others too. Maybe it is uncomfortable and easier to talk about left-handedness, other relatives and seniors and goats than to talk about gays and lesbians gaining equal rights.
BTW, check all the headlines and main front page articles of all the Hawaii papers and you will not find any other focus. This is about gays and lesbians getting a very small step toward the freedoms the rest of us have. Not one of the headlines or front page articles focused on others getting these rights. Just interesting to me that in Puna that folks still seem to be making light and uncomfortable with gays and lesbians gaining rights.
OLG,
Maybe you are being just a little too literal and missed the whole point of the left handedness posts, satire is easy to misread sometimes. Perhaps being a relative newcomer and not knowing who the players were on that set of posts explains how you could interpret it as "making light and uncomfortable with gays and lesbians gaining rights." But I thought it was pretty funny satire, and I am one of the more literal people around and usually the last one to get a joke.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb