Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Punatics!
BTW, Good advice on the realtor selection... We talked to a few people in person who wouldn't give us the time of day... Oddly enough when we returned dressed up and wearing jewelry, they fell over themselves as we walked in the door, imagine their surprise when we reminded them we had been in the office before!

William DeBoe
Delray Beach, FL

Moe'uhane Oihana mahi ai
Mahi 'ai 'Ulu
When acting like human beings (knowing you are doing fun, but dumb things), one can always count on the people to wag their finger at you and tell what a "bad boy" you're being! Oh, for shame! I bet those same people had very boring lives and were always afraid mommy or daddy would find out!

You know and admit is wasn't very smart but you can always count on some of the people on this site to rub your nose in it!

Now go to your room and you don't get any dinner either!

I'll slip ya some wine later!!
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

...The only thing that disturbed me was seeing photos posted of you deliberately ignoring the closed trails. I feel strongly that to move here and live on the island, one needs to respect boundaries. Another example is driving to Papakolea. That's DHHL land and they don't want people driving down, nor are rental jeeps welcome by Waipi'o Valley residents...
I agree that hiking closed trails is wrong (and stupid).
I disagree that taking a rental Jeep down into Waipi`o Valley is any different than any local who drives their own vehicle down it. It is a real road and although the rental car company may say your insurance is void if you have an accident there - many of the local vehicles that drive down it are pieces of junk that are accidents waiting to happen.
P
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

I know an owner of the land that is crossed to get to Hili'awe Falls, and she is so upset at all the trespassing tourists that she wishes she didn't own it, except she is obligated to keep it in the family.

So she only gets upset when tourists cross? So if I drove out there, she'd be okay with that? And as for the rental car law... How will they know what is a rental car? Will they have a checkpoint, with a little booth like the one you have to drive past to get to the public access at Hapuna, where you'd have to produce a Hawaii registration and a rainbow on your driver's license or you'd get cited and turned around? Laws should apply equally to all people. Tourists aren't second class citizens. We are lucky to be able to live in a place others want to visit.
Wow, didn't realize this would rock such personal boats. Not my intent at all... I am terribly sorry if it has upset some.

We didn't steal a part of Hawaii and left it as we found it. We contributed to Hawaii's waning tourist economy, planted a few palms while there, donated some funds to a couple charitable organizations while there, and intend on building soil and offering food in the future.

William DeBoe
Delray Beach, FL

Moe'uhane Oihana mahi ai
Mahi 'ai 'Ulu
Don't worry about it William, it's the nature of internet forums.
Another S. Floridian welcomes you. It seems from your pictures that you had a very enjoyable visit to the B.I. Don't worry about the criticism. Some people feel compelled.

I know I too want out of Florida, mainly due to the heat and hurricanes, and I live in what I consider to be a much nicer and more rural area than Delray Beach. I too have poor soil. Mine is mostly just sand. Some family obligations are what is keeping me from my anticipated move. I also can't imagine B.I. land prices getting much lower unless we have double dip recession, which is looking more likely.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
William, you and yours will make great additions to our Island community! Whenever you post anything, please know there are those who are compelled to give you the list of what frustrates them.

You will feel it out on your own because it is your journey! Enjoy!!

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
The.