Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about the Hawaii income tax refund process
How long does it take? Filed the old fashioned way (mailed it in).
Refund????? You didn't sign off to let them just keep it for the greater good?

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
I called the state tax office in Honolulu because i wanted to know which form i needed to file for extension. After a long wait the guy tells me there is no form any longer available to fill out and said "just send a letter ". I found this answer strange ,so i went to the hilo office and asked for a time extension form which they promptly gave me.
So if anyone is looking for clowns for a birthday party or whatever, try the state tax office in Honolulu !

I mailed mine in. Around March 20th.
Just received refund check yesterday.
You can go on their website, and they will tell you when they receive it, and
give you an idea, when to expect the refund.
Back when Linda Lingle was the gov she "balanced the budget" by holding peoples' refund checks until after July 1 when the new government fiscal year started. That's part of the reason Abercrumble inherited such a mess and decided to "balance the budget" by strong arming the teachers and imposing unilateral mandates.
I e-filed around April 1, got the refund April 9.

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
HI Dept-o-TAX is required to pay interest if they hold the refund beyond a certain point; it's worth noting that Lingle's "smoke-n-mirrors" budget trickery released the refunds just before the interest-bearing deadline... so it wouldn't cost the State (meaning: us) extra money (our money).
We mailed ours April 15th and got the refund check on May 10.