Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Papaya vandalism . . . again.
Ten acres of papayas cut down this time. Same area as the last episode.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/break...62158.html
"someone with a machete"? 10 acres?
Ag theft and vandalism is a significant problem throughout the district and even the island. If we wish to be self sufficient we need to take those affirmative and those defensive steps we can as a community to get control over these issues.
The police seem to have accomplished nothing on the last occasion of such vandalism. I can't say that I have much hope for our police department addressing this issue.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Need more ag inspectors, more police and more PAID firemen --the kind who know how to run a pump.
So whats that last comment about
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
"someone with a machete"? 10 acres?

The previous incident was said to have been 8,500 trees. If you managed to cut down one tree every 5 seconds nonstop, it would take one person 12 hours to do it. To do it in a few hours in the middle of the night would take a good-sized crew.
Sounds like a "reward for the arrest and conviction of" might be in order. If someone would start a legitimate fund for that I could would contribute. You have to be a 1st class A-hole to do that to someone's crop.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
When I've seen such mysterious work done before it turns out to be insurance fraud.
Vandals don't work that hard, certainly not undetected.
Qui bono?
Or do they? Has anyone ever been caught vandalizing crops for nothing?
Am I ignorant on this?