Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
screened lanai
I want to have a lanai screened in. Any suggestions as to who can do
the job? PLEAS ADVISE MAHALO!!
I would suggest that you repost this in the Building forum rather than the general talk forum. People hang out there who have a lot of expertise. By replying I am also bumping to the top and you might get replies here.

The non-classifieds forum is also a great place to post that you have a job, as some people watch it who provide services.

The Building Forum folks can discuss permitting with you, as I think you might need one, depending on the work. I had a carport enclosed, which definitely required a permit. I have also looked at homes where lanais had been screened and were non-conforming because of no permit.

The County taxes enclosed living space differently than lanais. Under roof is different than uncovered, also. I'm assuming you have a covered lanai? By screening it, you might be changing the designation of the space to interior, and the tax will go up, maybe not a lot, but some. It might depend on how much framing in is involved, not sure.

But the Building forum whizzes will know!

"And I'm sure it wouldn't interest anybody, outside of a small circle of friends ~ Phil Ochs
Take a look at mosquitocurtains.com. I know some pretty happy users.
Try screenpro Bill does really good work 217-2665