Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm I a senior citizen?
Hello I was just wondering at what age in hawaii are you a senior? Just turning 55.. Here in my small town in alaska we have 3small town each with their senior center at one I was a member at 50 the next town 55 and at the largest center I have to be 60 to be a member.
We also receive a 10% off at a local store 1st tue of the month on store brand items
And of course mcd's free coffee ... I'm not a cheepie by any means ---but this getting old/older can have some benefits.
It depends on the merchant when they want to give discounts. You will not find anything at age 55 that I know of. 62 is more common, but some do 60.

I am over 55 and under 60, and have yet to ever get a senior discount or freebie here.
I am over 55 and under 60 also. IHOP in Hilo....Seniors menu is 55. I also got into the movie theater at Prince Kuhio as a senior....but that was because the girl looked at me and automatically punched in senior ticket before I could even order. It's normally 62. Riding "The Bus" in Honolulu with a seniors discount is 62. Although riding the Hele-On bus here is free if your 55.

McDonalds Senior special....69 cent small coffee, tea, or soft drink
*IHOP Senior Tuesday (age 55)....20% off meal*
Hapuna Golf Course...Senior 50 or older everyday special only $45.00
Prince Kuhio Plaza issues their own senior discount card to seniors 55 or older.
County of Hawaii Senior Citizeb ID Card....60 or older
Also Kens House of Pancakes has 10% off menu for seniors from 3:00pm to 8:00pm ....age 60 and over
From Foodland's website:

"Receive a 5% discount on groceries by showing proof that you are 60 years or over on Thursdays!

For customers age 60 years and above
Every Thursday now through April 26th, 2012
Must show valid ID at time of purchase
Save 5% on groceries every Thursday!"
Ross Dress for Less in Hilo gives senior discount of 10% on Tuesdays. I believe you have to be 55.
Ha ha, thought the title was from a senior citizen having a "senior moment"..."How old am I again? Am I a senior citizen?" Smile
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Kea'au Health Food gives 15% discount to seniors 60 and over, a significant savings.

You can tell yourself anything is too difficult, or you can just do it. And you do not need to reconstruct your worldview or take issue with others. ~ SUSAN GREGORY THOMAS
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
lol that reminds me the year I was 34 I told every one I was 35! Until a friend reminded me -- I went the whole year that way ...The joke at work was I was 30-something... Thanks everyone for your comments..
Most of the chain restaurants give either a discount or free beverage to those over 55.You just have to ask.

I got 10% off at Ace in Pahoa for a senior discount.
quote:
Originally posted by punafish

Ha ha, thought the title was from a senior citizen having a "senior moment"..."How old am I again? Am I a senior citizen?" Smile

I had the same laugh when I read this title... Looked in the mirror the other day and realized that I'm now in the body of an adult! That was a real whiskey tango foxtrot kindof moment!?! [Big Grin]

William DeBoe
Palm Beach, FL

Moe'uhane Oihana mahi ai
Mahi 'ai 'Ulu