Buying a Laptop Computer
Apple! Anything apple
dell, quick delivery
quote:
Originally posted by otter

Apple! Anything apple

DITTO
hawaiideborah
Yup I have always really liked the beatles record label - didnt know they made computers - grin
I would also endorse an Apple purchase.

My MacBook Pro, one of the first Intel-based ones, is going on six years old and has lived in (or at least not far from) the rainforest the whole time. Since I have almost always worked from home it has been used at least three or four hours daily, and on many days much more (perhaps that's the key -- heat it up and dry it out frequently?). Of course for the past several years I've been careful to not push my luck and to back up my data.

The down side is Macs are pricier, although I'll probably get another when this one dies.
I also have a MacBook Pro and similar experience to Dave's. Mine is on the lanai most of the day and gets a lot of use. The other great thing about having a Mac is I'm yet to get a virus. (Fingers crossed, hoping this post won't jinx it.)

Yes indeed, macs are pricier. If you can live with a tablet, I heard the ipad 2 will be coming down to $299 soon...not sure if it has printing capability, though...
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius