Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP/26th 5 Men Burglary 72 yr old lady @ 11 a.m
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

I don't even live there full time and I have a solar-powered, cellular-transmitting, night-vision-capable, motion-activated camera to keep an eye on things. They aren't going to add more cops, but citizens can add their own cameras to help catch these criminals. The prices have dropped to the point where anybody can get wireless surveilance for just a couple hundred bucks.

what kind of camera do you have that is solar powered? Do you have a link to the website? Thanks.
hawaiideborah
They may add more cops, if people can restrain their cynicism about government long enough to start believing that the governed can have a positive effect on government, and that a government by the people and for the people can make a difference in the every day lives of those people.

Anarchy is the alternative. Do we all have to arm ourselves? Or can we apportion some tax dollars to trained, armed professionals who can provide protection to all of our citizens?

We have already been successful in persuading the police to watch HPP more closely, with officers occasionally stationed at the entrances to the subdivision, watching as people drive in while most people are heading out to work and taking careful note of any detainable infraction in connection with the vehicle, such as expired tags or equipment malfunctions.

The next step is in making HPP friendly to a police substation.

The first step in that direction is in ejecting from their seats any members of the Board of Directors who delight in the limits of the HPP charter and can't conceive of any path toward achieving what residents and non-resident owners of property in HPP need: a stronger police presence.
We have so many rescued (large) dogs on long dog runs all around our house that no one dares come around here. Dogs are an excellent prowler-repellent and great source of love for the owner. If you don't want to adopt dogs then a loud tape-recorded furious barking Mastiff inside the house seems like a good idea.
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiideborah

quote:
Originally posted by terracore

I don't even live there full time and I have a solar-powered, cellular-transmitting, night-vision-capable, motion-activated camera to keep an eye on things. They aren't going to add more cops, but citizens can add their own cameras to help catch these criminals. The prices have dropped to the point where anybody can get wireless surveilance for just a couple hundred bucks.

what kind of camera do you have that is solar powered? Do you have a link to the website? Thanks.

Here's a link to a review of the camera:

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=212
Thanks, terracore - I see it on amazon.com from two different vendors.
Yeah that's great, uses MMS with no TCP/IP connection. Is there a solar powered version or did you rig that system yourself? The one reviewed is battery powered.

The only downside I see is that it may not work where there is bad cell reception like at my house.