Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York Pizza in Pahoa?
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

Oh, Scott's reply confuses me too.
Sounds like he says Boogie Woogie is the worst.
But Boogie Woogie doesn't advertise New York style, does it? So how would the rest of his post apply then?

Take a look at the big sign over their doorway next time you drive by
If they sell by the slice, I am always willing to risk one ... a whole pie maybe not.

New York style is supposed to be big and thin and then you fold it to eat it .. no?
I have had Boogie Woogie slice (just OK), and it was a regular wedge.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Us New Yorkers say that there are only two kinds of Pizza.
Pizza east of the Hudson River and all others

Scott, I never noticed the sign, will check it out.
so there are two places next door to each other in Pahoa competing for the fans of New York Style Pizza? Um, OK, that makes no business sense ...

All that said, the conversation has made me want pizza, and I am inclined to give the new place a try.

The one time I tried BW pizza, there was absolutely nothing memorable. It was just something to eat while I was in Pahoa, hungry, and not wanting to full on have dinner, so we got a slice.
Do they have it by the slice? That's the NYC way
De sell slices.

Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
They were closed from 2-5, so we went to Luquni's. Oh well.

Scott, I saw that Boogie Woogie's banner advertises a "New Yorker" as one of the pizzas, but that's really not the same as saying the whole menu is New York style.

Regardless, that's a lot of pizza offered for sale in that stretch.
Maybe next time Mike's will be open.
tried them...over priced...nothing to write home about...

"Stop Whining! Vote with your money!"
"Vote with your money!"
Jayne and I have eaten at Mikes twice in two weeks. This is the best pizza on the Big Island and maybe west of the Hudson River.[:p]

New York has spoken and MIke's New York Pizzeria just got some serious street cred! Smile

As a follow up, the last pizza I got from Mike's, the crust wasn't soggy at all so their grade is now a solid "B".

A great addition to Pahoa, I think.

Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
We ordered a large double anchovies, it was good but a little salty.....

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” " Krishnamurti "
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” " Krishnamurti "