Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State warns HPP for dust violation
I think it is a darn good idea too. Yea Carol!
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:

The foundation of the whole pyramid of problems is the county's failure to enforce the law in 1959.

Like my good friend Pete Wyskoczka (R.I.P.) was fond of saying: When you start out wrong - you stay wrong.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

Thats an excellent idea Carol. Im surprised the HPP board hasn't thought of that. It limits the dust by lowering the speed limit. Im sure the state would buy that. All HPP has to do is change the speed limit signs on subdivision roads which would cost alot less then bringing in water trucks and watering the entire subdivision roads everytime we have a dry spell.

Speed limits on the side roads are already 15MPH, not that most people drive that speed.
Live Aloha
I talked to a member of the HPP BoD about the 15 mph limit and was told that when they brought that up with HDOH they didn't care a bit.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I've seen signs on cross roads indicating 25MPH. I've also seen 15MPH speed limits on the back of stop signs when you make the turn onto a cross street. It is confusing. Maybe some official from HPP could chime in here and let us know what the official crossroad speed limit is in the HPP subdivision?
Well if the state feels that way about it...then I'm all for just doing nothing. Let the state fine HPP. See what it gets them....
Until the speed limits in HPP are endorsed by the County, they are not enforceable as posted, whether they are 15 mph, 25 or anything else. Speeding can, however, be ticketed in HPP when the ticketing officer determines it to be "unsafe for prevailing conditions." I have witnessed this being done on the trunk roads, but it is rare, and I don't really believe that speed limits will be widely or strictly enforced in HPP any time soon. Would kicking up dust rise to the level of "unsafe" in traffic terms? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that Rob is right about the Health Department not caring about speed limits. They are probably smart enough to know that posted speed limits will be widely ignored and only sporadically enforced, especially if lowered to 15 mph.
well good. Those that made it an issue with the state/county will now see the results.

http://www.wedekingphotography.com
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

Thats an excellent idea Carol. Im surprised the HPP board hasn't thought of that. It limits the dust by lowering the speed limit. Im sure the state would buy that. All HPP has to do is change the speed limit signs on subdivision roads which would cost alot less then bringing in water trucks and watering the entire subdivision roads everytime we have a dry spell.

The first item on the HPPOA dust mitigation list is the 15 mile per hour speed limit. I guess someone thought of that already, do you take us for being dummies? The State doesn’t care, dust is dust.
The speed limit in the Park is as follows:
35mph on the main drives, 25mph on paved cross roads, all other roads it is 15mph, not to hard to understand.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Thanks Scott. I would also be interested in what other options HPPOA is seriously considering. Is the option of what I guess is called "chip seal" being reconsidered? What about paying off duty LEOs to strictly enforce the 15MPH on those streets originating the complaints?

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.