Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will polling place closure delay some results?
Wondering if anyone knows or has good guess.

HPP and Shores/Beaches polling places closed and allowed to vote later by mail-in, which are both Council District 4, right?
Will the numbers of people who did not vote absentee or early be calculated and then weighed as to whether it could affect the outcome?

What about State races?

Obviously with traditionally low voter turnout, the number of those who will send in late votes is going to be less than the number of people who are still eligible to vote late. Some won't bother and others were never going to vote. How will they figure it?

If a race is close and local, it will be tough not to get closure -- especially for the candidates. But maybe it won't be that close.
8000 voters affected, absentee ballots will be put in mail. 21 days max to complete the election.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20140809_Poll_sites_open_on_time_for_primary_election.html?id=270607971&mobile=true

8000 registered voters is somewhat over 1% of all registered voters in the state.
See if you can catch the HNN segment they ran at 5 about the confusion today, interviewing Leilani Bronson Crelly standing out in the rain with a sign informing voters, after learning of it herself this morning (people tried to vote in Pahoa and were turned away).

Chief of elections Kevin Nago stated that NONE of District 4-01 or 4-02 will be counted tonight or included in release of numbers tonight for any race. Not the absentee vote and not the early walk-ins.

Obviously it will be counted, but not tonight.

The pause button
Sorry was trying to fine tune some etiquette on pause/break or previously refered to as "return"I dont have a key that says that. I do recall something like that on a typewriter. Maybe I can take this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Tom. Have been I guess what would be called lurking for at least a few months and looking up things of interest in old threads. In any case not joking about the pause /break/ return thing. For the matter at hand, this thread. It doesn't seem right to have a hurricane one day and just say O.K. you should be good to go on Saturday.
On a computer it might say Enter?
On my iPhone it says Return.

As I understand it, the election going on or not is governed by the statutes. Which I have not read, but they followed. Only two polling places were deemed not ready and the voters not able to turn out sufficiently.
I suppose rules are rules.
All you could hope for is that they be imposed fairly and equitably.
As a side note the enter key at least gives this result, thank you Ms. H