Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another HPP rip off
quote:
Originally posted by otter That's the longest thing I've ever wrote on puna web. I usually just like to read.

otter, thanks for the chuckle!

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
Smile I haven't much to say, sometimes I follow the web trail & truely enjoy the puna show.

Theirs bears on the BI? I killed a panda once, I also Run a dolphin cage fighting enterprise. Kona side late nights Hilton walk a lot.

A lone female Rottweiler will protect you as though you are her child! I finally replaced my beloved Maile with another Rotty. My Maile wouldn't hurt a fly, the neighbor's chickens chased her around the yard.

But her bark was blood curdling. I didn't expect her to do anything but warn me, and that she did. I attributed the safety of myself and my things to her during the times when crime goes up.

My new Rott is less than a year old but when she barks the neighbor's 3 tied up pitt bulls suddenly stop barking!

I wish I were in a time and place that I could have a Bichon.
Maile
You're right on about female Rottweilers. Mine keeps everything out of the yard. Her bark is just SCARY! No break ins or missing things yet.

mary blonde
Live Aloha
We rescued a large Mastiff mix. Looked like part of several things. 130lbs of sweetness, than her real colors came out.
Sweet to us and kids, but CRAP would have taken down a bull elephant if had the chance. A plumber surprised her at our
door once...poor guy sang soprano for a while. Good thing he was an animal lover. She turned out to be a Tosa. Yeah, we never heard of one either. We
learned fast. I would rather have to make an insurance claim on stolen property than to have to send an innocent person to the hospital. Something to think about with your choice of breeds.
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/tosa.htm
quote:
Originally posted by Sue Nomie

We rescued a large Mastiff mix. Looked like part of several things. 130lbs of sweetness, than her real colors came out.
Sweet to us and kids, but CRAP would have taken down a bull elephant if had the chance. A plumber surprised her at our
door once...poor guy sang soprano for a while. Good thing he was an animal lover. She turned out to be a Tosa. Yeah, we never heard of one either. We
learned fast. I would rather have to make an insurance claim on stolen property than to have to send an innocent person to the hospital. Something to think about with your choice of breeds.
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/tosa.htm

Rescuing a large aggressive breed is probably not recommended for the faint of heart. I recommend starting with a puppy if thats what you are after. Any dog that is properly trained would look to the pack leader for indication of how to handle a situation. Its another member of your family, but one that needs constant leadership. I was halfway joking about recommending a 200 pound bear hunting dog, but they really are sweet dogs like any other.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzcr9zHcI4M

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
Check with your insurance company - some companies exclude some breeds due to pay outs - 'be bad to have no liability coverage in case of a dog bite.

Those of us without assets - never mind.....
Dogs are great. But letting them run loose sucks. My 30 year old daughter just was chased down and bit by a dog from a chain linked fenced yard just down the road from us. She called the Police and they went down to visit this neighbor. It seems after that visit that they made sure this biter was now secured.She was riding my bicycle.
I am now riding it on a regular basis to help keep me in shape and to run errands around HPP. No dog attacks yet. But I WILL ride or walk on the streets of my neighborhood without being attacked by dogs (or two legged animals). I'm thinking a baseball bat in an over the shoulder holster.
Anyway, I want to THANK the Police for visiting this home and they took photos of the bleeding dog bite to show them. GOOD JOB!! It got their attention.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
You're fairly easy going Birdmove, there's no way in hell an animal is biting a loved one and only a verbal warning given.
Living on the side of creation.
Luckily as far a B&E's go, I'm highly paranoid being where we all live. I stay down in Kapoho and I know for a fact that cops won't be there or 10-15 minutes in an emergency. That is waaaaaaaay to long to wait for anything, personally. I think a well trained pup is one of the best deterrents. BUT.. outside of that, cameras/gun. I do IT work so I'll be doing my own security system once I get back home complete with a dummy camera (to be noticed) then a few unnoticed infrared/nightvision etc... It would be hoove of all of you to do the same, or hell.. wait another year and when I get back I'll do yours too Smile I'll be looking for work.
Living on the side of creation.