Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punatics for PGV
Is anyone else sick and tired of PunaPono and Bob Petricci ?
Are you tired of the lies and fear mongering ?

I am considering starting an organized group to counter PunaPono.

I am hoping that Rob will allow me to test the waters here,I'm kind of busy right not helping to clean up our neighborhood of Vacationland,but I am willing to get this started..

Do you think it is possible to have Petricci prosecuted for creating a panic during a civil defense emergency ?

How about a multi-million dollar civil suit ?

The vocal minority has had their way too long and it is time for the silent majority to be heard.I believe that there is support for geothermal but our voices are being drowned out by a small group of anti everything people.

I sure do not know any of the guys you mention, or interested in a Class Action Suit. I just do not want Geothermal plants on my back yard. I live green all the way. I do not need Helco, I do not need a generator. I moved here for solitude, to be one with the Aina. and myself. Yes, you can have all the electrical appliances you want at home without Helco. JMHO

punalvr
punalvr
Maybe you can join my group; "Punatics for dementia". I can't remember where we meet.
Can't stop laughing! Good one Snorkle.

punalvr
punalvr
Count me in.
I hear you, Obie, however, it may further divide our Puna ohana. Perhaps we need a group that deals with all the issues associated with geothermal in Puna.

How to move forward, addressing the various issues and concerns, and what we want out of it. We are the host community for geothermal. Even Harry Kim supports geothermal and is Puna Pono's "guru". I'm in, if we can find middle ground at the end of the day. Some of the concerns are valid, some are pure fearmongering. Finding the balance is difficult.

The PGV plant has been here for over 20 years. Lots of people (74, give or take a few, including Petricci) "settled" their law suit ($$$) last time. They didn't finish the job and close down the plant if it was such a danger.

Puna Pono is a new group (with same individuals as in the past) formed since the Geothermal Working Group issued their report, and the findings prompted HELCO to issue a 50MG RFP. Then, here we go again. Same core group, same complaints, and no suggestions, except, "GO SOLAR". Sorry, that won't work for the public at large.

In light of the hurricane damage to all of Puna, as we rebuild, maybe we need to force the politicians hands, and demand:

1) Alternate route out of Puna in any emergency.
2) Harry Kim's Plan to come to light. (being facetious, sorry.)
3) Royalties: A portion committed to PUNA directly, not just County, State, and OHA.
4) Relocation fund - Revisit; offer new conditions to get the heck out if you're getting sick.
5) Mutual agreements there will be no further litigation. Would save thousands of tax paying dollars. (Yes, I have rose colored glasses.)

Maybe then, the "silent voices" won't have to stay silent, and those who are members of Puna Pono, or just live in the area of concern, can discuss rationally options that will satisfy most concerns.

Now, if we can't find common ground, hell, anyone can sue anyone, and if there's enough people who want to recoup losses due to Puna Pono's actions (ie. riling the masses to continuously call rescue and police in the midst of a hurricane and recovery, which backed up numerous calls for others in need), there might be a case.

I've only been watching/learning/studying this issue since Papa Lyman took me on a tour of the plant (with a pink hard hat) way back when (over 20 years ago).

So, as usual, JMO.

ETA: Typo; and apologies for pontificating.
I moved here back in 98. loved the quietness, the ocean breeze, the whales sound, the waves crashing on the cliffs. Love the gravel road, the flowers scent as I drive out of my place.
I do not want geothermal plants around me. I remember when I did not have a frog screaming for sex, but the whales birthing in front of me. I do not want a power plant next, or close to me. Not at my cost do I need to power everyone, or for that matter Oahu. Find a different spot. Not my back yard. I am not concerned about property values, but my hard invested money, for what I thought was a quiet peaceful place to live..

punalvr
punalvr
NIMBY
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator

ditto!
Well, I'm back from work a little quicker than I expected! We're trying to commission observations of orbital debris and there are experts at work much better than I at understanding this stuff. At least I'm near a phone.

punalvr - maybe you won't understand Rob or dakine's posts, but I moved into Puna a year or so before you and the PGV plant was already there. I also miss many things you do when I moved here but the coquis drown them out now, at least on most nights. However, it seems you made the decision to move near PGV and but now want PGV to go away.

PGV didn't bring the coquis here nor did they stop whales giving birth nor the waves crashing against the cliffs, they still do. You say you don't want a power plant next to you but moved next to one. What do you expect PGV to do, move away because you chose to be their neighbour? It's like someone choosing to live by an airport and then complaining about the noise of the aircraft.

I don't get it. If you don't want to live by a power plant why choose to live by one?