Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fight for Non-GMO Foods and Proper GMO Labeling
Chicken injected with pork? Huh? Is that just a metaphor or something that actually goes on for some reason? Agreed that pushing GMO to be a religious matter is a bit ridiculous...

GMO has to do with Hawaii in a million ways. To name but a few, there are upcoming opportunities to vote and influence legislature regarding GMOs grown here; GMO's affect any area where they are planted, if only due to the very real likelihood of cross pollination; GMO corn crops, soybean crops, sugar beets, etc. are already on the books. Third fourth, etc, is as listed herein and then some.

Melissa Fletcher
"Make yurts, not war" Bill Coperthwaite, 1973
Yurtgirl:
"Um... ??? Where did you come up with that statement that I supposedly said, "You said radiation was used to insert foreign genetic material into another cell..."? If I wrote that, then that was a grand typo."

Allow me to quote you from earlier in this very thread (the hysterical caps are yours, not mine):

"Genetic modification is QUITE DIFFERENT. It uses radiation, splicing fish genes into watermelon seeds, and many other bizarre and largely unexposed practices. That IS NOT NATURAL."

Since your memory is so poor, it's possible that you don't realize that you never posted
a list of companies purchased by Monsanto in order to keep their Evilness secret.

Oh, so GM papayas aren't dangerous? But, how can this be? It's not NATURAL. Okay, which GM products are?
I'll be asking for the name of at least one person killed by each of them, just so you know.

I don't get it... if GM foods are so safe, or haven't "proven" to harm humans then what's the problem with labeling them so people can make their OWN choice as to whether they want to consume them? It makes no sense to me at all why it would be a problem to label the damn stuff.

I think it's not fair that those who don't believe in the harm of GMOs get to choose for everyone else whether they are able to avoid it.

quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Rambler

liskir: When you're citing uber-quack Mike Adams to support your case, you've already lost.

That's your opinion, not mine. Thanks.

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped" Dr. Ron Paul 2012
SECRET KNOWLEDGE - "NOT FOR US TO KNOW"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91qs9v-upWI
An interesting movie about GMO's in Hawaii.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZgrOFjhzdg
A european study of the effects of GMO's on rats. 12 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njd0RugGjAg&feature=player_embedded
The L.A. Times has an article today examining the "art" of science in politically charged debates. The main thesis seems to be summed up in this quote from the article:

"It's well established that where big money or politics is involved, scientific rigor is a prime casualty."

That quote might also apply to any number of debates including Geothermal.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hi...516.column
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I read an article last week and I am sorry I dont have the site for it - but the gist was that if CEO's and those in power at corporations were held personally liable for deaths - such as the listeria/cantaloupe deaths - i.e. consequences for their regular unconscionable actions - that we would get a lot further than additional regulations that are created by the FDA with the big corps blessings.

I thought there was some merit to this idea.

Seems my memory is quite on target. I still don't see, even in the quote provided, where I said that radiation "was used to insert foreign genetic material into another cell...". I wrote that, "[GMO practices] uses radiation, splicing fish genes into watermelon seeds, and many other bizarre and largely unexposed practices." This is a given example of GMO practices. Claims were that radiation wasn't even in the mix. Does everyone admit that transgenic science uses radiation and genetic splicing from other species in their genetic manipulation? That's pretty common knowledge at this point, agreed?

I gave the link to companies who were bought out by Monsanto and have encouraged a quick and simple internet search to find other sources countless times. I believe that was in the thread discussing Monsanto buying out the bee research firm. Here's a partial list if people don't want to click a link:

MONSANTO OWNED BRANDS

AquaMaster
Asgrow
Bullet
Certainty Turf
Channel
Degree XTRA
DEKALB
Deltapine
Fielder's Choice Direct
Fontanelle
Gold Country Seed
Hubner Seed
INTRRO
Jung Seed Genetics
Kruger Seeds
Lariat
Lewis Hybrids
Micro-Tech
Outrider
QuikPRO
Rea Hybrids
Roundup PowerMAX
Roundup PRO Concentrate
Roundup PROMAX
Roundup WeatherMAX
RT 3
Specialty Hybrids
Stewart Seeds
Stone Seed Group
Trelay Seeds
TripleFLEX
WestBred

PaulW, you still provide none, zero, zilch of your own evidence or even limited research; instead you try to argue others points and waste their time by attempting poor arguments on the minutiae. Just stop already unless you are going to write to the same standards you seem to hold everyone else to. Or preface your comments maybe with something like, "The following is my opinion based on my refusal to do any research or back up any of my own findings" or "The following commentary is based on my desire to get others to do a bunch of research to prove something to me, which I will not read or research anyway and continue to deny any and all validity of".

AGAIN, MOST PEOPLE AREN'T CLAIMING THAT ALL GMOS ARE ALL BAD. We want to know where they're hidden in common foods, we want the right to choose what we and our kids eat, and we want PROPER TESTING.

Here's a recent find. I haven't checked the facts of it yet, but it seems right on target.
www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fprojects%2Fseankaminsky%2Fopen-sesame-the-story-of-seeds&h=WAQGZAYdWAQEswSa6dUiWOsyEZV0fWSw2kcMi4GzSecGGEQ&s=1

Melissa Fletcher
"Make yurts, not war" Bill Coperthwaite, 1973
Court Rules Monsanto Guilty of Chemical Poisoning in France#8207;

"EXCELLENT NEWS BELOW, FINALLY!!! BUT, HOW IS IT THAT AMERICA AND THEIR ALLEGED GOV PROTECTION AGENCIES ALLOW THIS FOOD POISONING UPON THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION EVEN THOUGH THE PEOPLE FIGHT DAILY TO RID IT FROM OUR COUNTRY? INCLUDING ALLOWING THE DEADLY MICROWAVE ‘SMART METERS’, THE SUPER GERMS BREEDING IN OUR WATER, AND SPRAYING OF CHEMICALS IN OUR SKIES? PLZ FORWARD AND HELP WAKE UP AMERICA!
A Sheep No More

Court Rules Monsanto Guilty of Chemical Poisoning in France

Rachel Cernansky

A French court has declared Monsanto—the American biotechnology giant driving growth of genetically engineered crops around the world, and the world's largest seed company—guilty of chemical poisoning of a French farmer, Reuters reports.

The case involved Paul Francois, a cereal farmer who said that after inhaling Monsanto's Lasso weedkiller (which has since been banned in France) in 2004, he suffered neurological problems including memory loss, headaches and stammering. He blamed Monsanto for not providing adequate warnings on the product label.

The court's decision—in the first case of its kind in France—is significant because in the past, like with many health consequences from industry or pollution, farmers have been unable to prove a direct link between illnesses and exposure to pesticides. ("It's like lying on a bed of thorns and trying to say which one cut you," is how another farmer, who couldn't pinpoint a specific incident that led to his bout with prostate cancer, described the burden of proof—quote taken also from the Reuters story.)

More from Reuters:

"I am alive today, but part of the farming population is going to be sacrificed and is going to die because of this," Francois, 47, told Reuters.

He and other farmers suffering from illness set up an association last year to make a case that their health problems should be linked to their use of crop protection products.

The agricultural branch of the French social security system says that since 1996, it has gathered farmers' reports of sickness potentially related to pesticides, with about 200 alerts a year.

But only about 47 cases have been recognized as due to pesticides in the past 10 years. Francois, who suffers from neurological problems, obtained work invalidity status only after a court appeal.

The ruling has potential to give leverage to other health claims against pesticides. (Or not. Stay tuned.)

http://www.treehugger.com/Corporate-resp...TML?ref=nf

When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty!

Simply trying to Return America to what our Forefathers Ideas of Freedom and being an AMERICAN originally was!!!!
Just Click on this link to join or listen to the show, including the archives!
!!!!The American Reconstruction Project!!!!
Hosted by: Jack Bauer
Saturday's: 6pm to 8pm Pacific, 9pm to 11pm Eastern.
My new web site where ALL the current info about my show and myself can be found, click here:
http://www.myprivateaudio.com/Jack-Bauer.html

My BLOG Site: http://americanreconstructionproject.com/
If you just want to listen, click on this link: Crusade Radio
To connect with me on SKYPE, my contact info: Michael.w.golden

"When the government fears the people, you have Liberty.
When the people fear the government you have Tyranny."
~Thomas Jefferson,
Don't Fall into the Sheeple Pit...

TURN OFF YOUR TELEVISION!
Ignore the TV Media
Investigate 911"

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped" Dr. Ron Paul 2012
SECRET KNOWLEDGE - "NOT FOR US TO KNOW"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91qs9v-upWI