Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Na Mele Moments - PBS Station Tonight
For some soothing, old style, nahenahe Hawaiian music, tonight will be filled with sweet, peaceful, lovely mele. Take a moment and enjoy some of Hawaii's best!

Na Mele Moments premieres tonight at 7:30 and will also be live streamed at this link: http://www.pbshawaii.org/ourproductions/...oments.php

Join us for a treasure of preserved memories, including an impromptu jam in Waimea featuring Dennis Kamakahi and friends, and the pure joy of the late Aunty Genoa Keawe.

HOTPE, this one's for you, mahalo for your kind words. Just need to focus, and center the na'au.[Smile] Going with the mele ana e, instead of mud. lol...

Have a good evening all.

JMO.
Mahalo for posting this.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
quote:
Originally posted by VancouverIslander

Mahalo for posting this.

My pleasure. It's starting now! Aunty Genoa was one in a million....Enjoy!
I'm on it. I have years of Hawaiian language practice ahead to be able to understand it all, but this gives me some good additional motivation.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Mahalo Opihikao, I caught this just as it began. Beautiful sounds. TV off and playing it thru the computer...
I'm glad you posted the time & station for this beautiful music, I wouldn't have known to watch otherwise!
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by VancouverIslander

I'm on it. I have years of Hawaiian language practice ahead to be able to understand it all, but this gives me some good additional motivation.

[Smile]We have talked about sharing homes six months of the year before (if memory serves right). Can I please respectfully request winter (again)?

It's a ferry ride to Victoria as I recall, from Vancouver. The Empress Hotel is my ultimate goal. It is where my kupuna enjoyed so many hours, with us kids absorbing other cultures like little sponges.

Mahalo plenty. OOOh, Mahi Beamer is up next...[Smile]

If we don't stop and listen to the mele, (in the Western world, "stop and smell the flowers"), we lose the "senses" that are important.

ETA: JMO. [Big Grin] For Mr. Tom. Aloha, Mr. Tom (waving)
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

I'm glad you posted the time & station for this beautiful music, I wouldn't have known to watch otherwise!

Beeg hug, HOTPE. Mahalo for understanding. Enjoy!

Geoshale, isn't it wonderful...? There is some solace in our music, especially in trying times. Aloha to you.