Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Year In
Happy Anniversary Kelena and apologies for missing your BD. You neva' knew but we let the date fly a while back and I / we missed it due to another life drama.

On to say, FWIW, I personally have a nice relationship with her ( whom I think you are referring to ) and she has had my back though a bunch of drama and still continues to do so + communicates through very EZ to hear signs.

IMO, you give love you get love but gotta be right here and from the heart + 100% transparent ... Otherwise, she spits you out.

aloha,
pog

Wonderful - thanks for sharing!
Just passed my 4.5 year mark, and I clearly get all that you wrote (from your POV and from my own individual POV). Whether a person likes it or not, there is an energy here that I have found unmatchable elsewhere (that I have been).
Mahalo!

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
pog, sorry for your drama and happy there was someone there for you during it. No, really. I am. Mahalo nui for your kokua.

As for her, I am just referring to a fictional fire goddess of course. I know never, ever to betray a goddess. Especially a fire goddess. But, yeah, there is absolutely no confusion about what she is thinking. And here is my message to her: Aloha and mahalo nui loa -- that last part 1,000 times. I am a MUCH better person now because I know to a moral certainty there are goddesses on this island and that magic is afoot. And perhaps my time will come. In the meantime, I think I will turn myself into a mythical object of desire while I am waiting. It could happen!

And, yes, that is the goddess I knew: fierce, proud, completely uncompromising, brutally honest, eyes flashing at the sound of lies (which is why you must be very honest at the outset, and I was), quick to dismiss, and despite all that, somewhere in there as sweet as a Tahitian gardenia and a puakenikeni rolled into one. She can destroy, but in doing so creates something new and beautiful, and brings rebirth.

Who can blame me for going a little crazy? Always good to ask forgiveness anyway. Definitely a part of my year, and a little bit into the next one, because I just couldn't leave it alone. I can now.

Hot young Elvis like Blue Hawaii Elvis? Nice.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
I kinda prefer the Sun Studios (Memphis) Elvis but I am really thinking of the '68 Special Elvis, which no normal human can actually emulate, except in spirit. In '68, he was thought irrelevent, kind of uncool, a relic, a has been, a coulda ran, not too "hip", a laughable parody of himself -- a self-created caricature. He hadn't performed live for anyone in YEARS. And then he did the '68 television special. Elvis was a remarkably unbold personality and got pushed around a lot by his manager. But not for the '68 Special. He got his old bandmates together, went back to his roots, stopped pretending to be something he wasn't, got back in touch with the rhythm and blues, came out in leather, and ripped into some early stuff acting like, well, you know, Elvis. And then, for the finale, he appeared in a stunning all-white suit and tore the pieces out of a gospel number that crescendos with the words "As long as a man has the strength to dream, he can redeem his soul.....and fly.

He redeemed his soul......and flew. Maybe I'll impersonate THAT Elvis. And maybe I'll put on my blue suede shoes and board the plane.....and head straight for the Jungle Room. Bring us some of that Southern Soul, girl, and don't waste no more time!
Ahhh Punagirl, my heart...when thinking of Blue Hawaii, a really breathy sigh escapes me with no conscious intent on my part...he was magical. I also sigh much while watching Elvis in his leathers...up close and personal. It's a freakin' toss-up. I like being a misfit toy...much more interesting than the homogenized version...congratulations on your one year Kelena...hardly seems possible it's been a year. What a fun and silly person you can be...you blend very well with the rest of the misfit toys. E Komo Mai Kelena!

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com
http://www.septemberspirals.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Happy Anniversary Kelena, I've enjoyed reading your posts.
Mahalo Chuysmom, I hope we can see more of each other this year. I am not sure how I got so busy. I thought I was a misfit, but I came here and met my match! Y'all are the baddest toys in the toy box. I'm lovin' it (usually!).

Mahalo, Kauila a me e komo mai.
Kelena,
Thank you - and all the responders - for a 15 minute trip back to Puna. I resonated with your post and every response.

I was in Cincinnati after moving back for family reasons, at Findlay Market (similar to French Market in New Orleans) and went to pay for some items with my Hawaii bankcard. "I just moved back from Big Island!! I miss it so, much!" the girl exclaimed. Turns out we ran in the same space, while there. We talked story for a while and every week we'd reminisce. While there I met at least 10 people that had lived on Big Island. Who Knew?
Puna-Cincy-Puna

It gets in your Spirit and under your nails - and I look forward to my return in Feb./March. I can smell, taste and feel it - and now, with your post, can see it again.
Mahalo,
Anna
quote:
Originally posted by dwedeking

Nice write up.

When friends and families ask me to describe here I make sure to note it doesn't match your travel brochures at all. If your idea of Paradise is a $400 a night room with servants, Puna not so much. Smile

As far as the people I tell them, "Remember that one weird guy in high school. Completely harmless, but didn't fit in and was labeled weird. Well, after high school, he moved here... myself included". I think people tend to be a more understanding of the "weird" here because of it.

[:p] Yep, there is something definately drawing me to the Big Island, I think you pretty much nailed it....

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick