Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good title company?
Recommdations for good title company hilo?
We used "Title Guaranty" www.tghawaii.com twice

The first time- no problem.

The second time- they "forgot(?)" to pay the property tax bill collected from the seller from the escrow. By the time I noticed it, the county had already assessed penalty and interest. Once alerted of their mistake, they quickly researched the problem, admitted their mistake, and paid the bill including interest and penalties.

I guess with any title company, the lesson should be, check to make sure they are doing all the things they are supposed to be doing. Especially when its your money.
I forget the name of our title co, but they closed the Hilo office in the middle of our escrow.

They charged us double for the HA association membership and road fees, but never paid either. They also didn't refund the excess money they owed us. I eventually got all the money back. First I emailed our new title agent on Oahu several times, who promised to fix it but never did, then I filed a complaint against them with the state.

I later heard a rumor that the local title agent was fired for stealing, I guess that's where our money went.

----------------
Aloha spelled backward...think about it.
><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ ><> ~~~~ >(>
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

We used "Title Guaranty" www.tghawaii.com twice

The first time- no problem.

The second time- they "forgot(?)" to pay the property tax bill collected from the seller from the escrow. By the time I noticed it, the county had already assessed penalty and interest. Once alerted of their mistake, they quickly researched the problem, admitted their mistake, and paid the bill including interest and penalties.

I guess with any title company, the lesson should be, check to make sure they are doing all the things they are supposed to be doing. Especially when its your money.

We used them as well. Everything went flawlessly, and their people were very easy to work with.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
I used TG as well and had some strange experience in which an individual with a similar name to mine albeit spelled completely different happened to have a lien put on their property back when I was oh... 4 years old lol! For some reason TG couldn't get over the fact I had no connection with this individual until eventually I signed an affadavit that said I was not said person and that finally convinced them.

That aside the people at TG were all quite cordial and cheery everytime I interacted with them, they were also expedient in their responses to any inquiry I had whether phone or email - there was a lot of inquiry back and forth about the issue I mentioned above of course !

Never underestimate the power of the dark side.
rainyjim, we had a similar issue and just signed the affidavit and all was well. There is another person with the same name spelling on one of the islands that owes hundreds of thousands of dollars in real estate stuff. I think it is good to cover all those bases.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com