Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Land for sale in HPP
OK.. Thanks Royall. I know where it is. Im a couple houses down. I'll inform my guests and see if they like the location.
By "worthless" I mean "regarded as such by County", specifically "not entitled to infrastructure or services", such as in Fern Acres, Hawaiian Acres, Eden Roc, and other mid-mauka subdivisions.
Hawaiian Paradise Park is not entitled to any services compared to that of Eden Roc or any mid-mauka subdivisions.
by worthless - I assume you expressing your opnion as you offer no metrics.... We all seem to have our biases .... many of the areas you mention have more balanced demographics. Many of the larger developments favored by transplants remind me of van nuys or simi valley or the wilder side ...... heaven forbid. Isla Vista circa 1969.......grin

I loved Ilsa Vista in the late sixties - pahoa not my cup of tea now that I am in my sixties - each his own - big grin ...... but lets not trash the neighbors or their choices - especially before coffee.........
Lower subdivisions (HPP, HB, OLE, Nanavale) have a somewhat more "involved" community that's willing to pay for infrastructure, thereby increasing the relative "worth" of those properties. ("Mandatory road fees" is a form of "value" even though the funding is "private".)

Some subdivisions along the Red Road (Seaview, Palisades, KBE) have paved streets, but it's not clear whether this was funded privately or by County; these streets often have extensive wear, indicating that they have not been maintained recently.

The real "value proposition" is entirely subjective; those who worry excessively about County's "assessed value" are often looking at their property as an "investment" rather than a "home".
<<<What makes a lot "worthless" in your opinion? I've seen quite a few very cheap lots here in Fern Acres where we live and I'm assuming they're just difficult to clear or no utility access?>>>

there are many worthless lots in HPP... either worthless because of the heavy vegetation that would cost far more $$ to remove than the lot is worth ie Albezias, Autograph Trees, or worthless because of huge lava sinkholes and lava bubbles some up to 30' deep and 30' high right next to each other.... then you have these rooster fighters and with those small lots you will never sell one right next to a hundred tied up rooster....

ie... at the corner of 1st and Kaloli, there is a lot that is so high and low its mostly sunken lavatube full of F*#ken autograph trees..its worth $3.49, if that! Wink
lots of these worthless lots mixed throughout that overpriced small lot subdivision....

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
quote:
Originally posted by bananahead
ie... at the corner of 1st and Kaloli, there is a lot that is so high and low its mostly sunken lavatube full of F*#ken autograph trees..its worth $3.49, if that! Wink

You mean it's worth $3.49 (if that) to you. Step outside your box and imagine someone wanting exactly that.

quote:
Originally posted by bananahead
lots of these worthless lots mixed throughout that overpriced small lot subdivision....

Interesting share of aloha there, for your neighboring community.
How do you really feel??

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
99% of the lots in HPP are 1 acre. Seems "small" until you try to maintain it!

I know the lot you mean, it is challenging but very interesting.

HPP overpriced? You can get an acre for 30K in one of the best subdivisions on the East side.
The same lots that were going for 80K a few years ago.
Wasn't there a long posting about dust control (unfunded liabilities and road build out completion) just recently right here on our own Punaweb?

I'd look for good management and a positive balance in the road funding - as well as the number of residents complying with the road funding scheme as a priority given the above.....

I also look at the census demographics breakdown - having come from a county where it seems to be a crime to drive while minority homogeneity important to me as well.

Now if they broke down tea bagger membership by zip code - I'd be able to avoid that area as well - like I said - each his or her own - grin
If I had it to do over again, I would strongly consider someplace other than HPP. We are encumbered with $12,000,000 in debt that only benefits 25% of the owners and the Board of Directors remains a mess. The dust issue was handled in a very sloppy manner by the board president. Also, the current management seems hell-bent on raising the wages of the employees to stratospheric levels. Take a close look at the budget over the past three years and you'll see what I mean. IMO, it is worth paying more up front for a property with county amenities than buying into a disfunctional HOA.