Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
local produce
Hi, I'm looking for any local farmers who would have produce I could buy wholesale, to sell at my stand... any out there? Appreciate any ideas on where to get fruits and veggies......thanks!
Didn't specifiy where your local is...

Many of the local growers lease land from some of the biggies, like King Papaya, Kapoho Land Shipman...you may want to contact them...also the farm lots (Makuu, Waimea & Panaewa) that have smaller scaler growers...

I do know that some small growers have a harder time finding buyers if they have a small varied produce growing (esp if there are larger growers or ones with more varied harvest times), so giving the locations you are willing to go may help get you growers....no one is willing to travel many miles for a small quantity of produce, but if you are local to a grower, might be worth your, or their, time...

We have a 3 acre guava farm if you are interested in selling guava.
Does anyone know about the papaya farm on the right hand side of road traveling east down Kapoho Rd. Who owns it, are they on Punaweb, Is it open to the public or do they sell papayas at any of the local famers markets.

Terracore, do you sell guavas at any local farmers market, or do you have a private fruit stand at all, and what type of guavas are they?

Sorry didn't me to hijack the thread[:I]
LJ, not sure the exact fields you are referring to, but most of the land on the east side of 132 is Kapoho Land Dev., the corner with Green Mountain is mostly the Appletons. On Red Rd, the large lots on the right before Vacationland are owned by Vacationland Land Trust & Bishop Estate

ADDED: most of these landowners are leasing land to local farmers...
quote:
Originally posted by LaurelJ

Terracore, do you sell guavas at any local farmers market, or do you have a private fruit stand at all, and what type of guavas are they?

Sorry didn't me to hijack the thread[:I]

They are the large pink variety. We make sales via craigslist and to neighbors etc but do not sell them via a stand or farmers market. The 3 acres of guava trees was sort of an accidental purchase and monetizing them while a priority, is several rungs down the ladder from our other projects.
Terracore, cannot decide if you are serious or telling a good joke : )

aloha,
pog
pog, haha. Somewhat serious. Yesterday I made a $20 guava sale. Hey, it's $20! Bought our veg for a couple days. I think they were planning on making wine, which would be a good use of guava I think.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com