Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mysterious light spotted on planet uranus
Astronomers observing Uranus with the Keck Telescope in Hawaii detected eight large storms in the planet's northern hemisphere on August 5 and 6.

One was the brightest ever measured on Uranus, accounting for 30 per cent of all light reflected by the rest of the planet at a wavelength of 2.2 microns.

This is the 'colour' of light that senses clouds just below the tropopause, where the atmospheric pressure is half what it is at the Earth's surface.

More at link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...ystem.html
Oh-Bob, everyone knows there's no light on Uranus.
Don't further spread cheeky comments and it might remain that way.
Relax everyone. It was just the Starship Enterprise lighting up the tropopause with photon torpedoes, as they tried to wipe out Klingons around Uranus.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
So its not that mysterious after all...
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

Don't further spread cheeky comments and it might remain that way.

Sounds like a threat.
flashing lights? Must be having a raver on Uranus.

This could go on for days Rob.
This is the segway for TomK to tell us all the Top 10 favorite Uranus jokes the astronomers tell up there on top of Mauna Kea. I want to hear professional Uranus jokes.

Sorry, I guess kane only likes marshmallow jokes.
2.2 microns sounds small for Uranus.
SBH. I guess you missed the "tongue in cheek" aspect of my comment. Go ahead spread the cheeky all you like but it won't help keep Uranus dark.