Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus going around?
Anyone hear of a virus going around with
really bad headache, vomiting & Montezuma's revenge?
Doesn't seem to have cold or coughing attached to it.

Still better to have this in Paradise than anywhere else!

Yup. A group of friends got it (they think) at a party last month. I suspected food poisoning but a doc told one of them it was a very contagious flu virus with no cold symptoms like stuffy nose or coughing with it.
kapohocat, did not read your post, that sounds like a nasty flu virus, did he say how long it lasts, best way to treat it?

Sue, I had a reaction to like this after eating at a restaurant which is now closed!
That is why I considered food poisoning.
quote:
Originally posted by hikatz

kapohocat, did not read your post, that sounds like a nasty flu virus, did he say how long it lasts, best way to treat it?

Sue, I had a reaction to like this after eating at a restaurant which is now closed!
That is why I considered food poisoning.

Norovirus is what she got at the party along with about 90% of the rest of the party

Lots of fluid. Wash hands lots. Close toilet lid BEFORE flushing as it is transmitted by feces primarily. Bleach everything in bathroom that is possible, and kitchen counters, and hot water for sheets. Think very contagious if you miss one step in the sanitation chain. He also told my friend that you are contagious 3-5 days after symptoms disappear. Do not fix food for others if you are sick. If you have a compromised immune system do not be the caretaker for someone with it.

Here is a link she sent me: http://www.cdc.gov/norovirus/about/symptoms.html
Thanks everyone, The headache is the worst part.
Doesn't see to be a fever with it.
Having worked in the hospital atmosphere for many years, I learned the best medicine is one full glass of H2O every waking hour. I had exposure numerous times and on some occasions I had a hint of a flu virus attacking but it would be gone in 2-3 days once I drank that much water...lol. Worked every time!!

Oh, never had a flu shot, either. Retired the year before hospitals required ALL hospital employees to get the shot. I refused and said "adios".

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
I was in a doctors office years ago and read a poster on the ingredients of a flu shot vaccine...
I have never had a flu shot since and never will.
enjoy.

riverwolf
riverwolf
wrong thread
It was a migraine. Vomiting & pain stopped felt almost human, pretty much 24hrs after it started.
Now the whole body hurts after the ordeal leaves you feeling like a rag doll. Been about a year
since the last one of these. Hope it is several years before another. It runs in the family. Sadly
our 38 yr old son gets them as well. That makes 3 generations we know of. Hope the 5 yr old grandson
(4th in line) doesn't get them.
slow wave epilepsy = Migraine per Dr Saks (They did a Robin Williams film on another of Oliver's books

http://www.amazon.com/Migraine-Oliver-Sa...037570406X

http://www.oliversacks.com/