Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone missing a tortoise in HPP?
Found a small, around 8" tortoise wandering down the middle of 12th st yesterday. Would love to find his owner, these guys are quite expensive. Please respond with a description if it maybe yours or a friends. I will check punaweb from time to time in hopes of some luck.

Mahalo
Does it have a red ring around the shell? My neighbor found a tortoise like that some years ago. There may be a breeding population of them in HPP.
funny cause I also found a box turtle on 11th near Kaloli about 5 years ago..... it was in the road, so took it to my moms there on 11th, and never saw it again after letting it wander away..

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
I've found that tortoise before. It may belong to Russell on Kaloli & 12th- dead end. 2nd house on left going in. Does it have return address stickers on it?

mary blonde
Live Aloha
that is one lucky tortoise if it's been found on the road all these times and no one has hit it.
I doubt anyone has found this tortoise before. I could be wrong. Looked up the species and this is no cheap guy. Very expensive variety. He seems to be well taken care of and used to people. Only tucks away if we come up from behind, other wise looks me right in the eyes when I pick him up.

Very surprising he wasn't smashed to pieces by the time I found him. People drive like idiots on 12th.

I will post signs on 12th in hopes of finding it's owner. Thanks for the responses.
Found the owner. 2 doors down from where I found him. Very happy he was returned to the right people.

Mahalo
I love a happy ending. Nice job!! [Smile]

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
I love a happy ending, too. I'm dying of curiosity, though - how in the world does a tortoise escape his caretakers and end up wandering in the street? Does this particular tortoise have a cloaking device and teleporting ability or something? lol...
The hare must have changed the sign to win the race! Poor tortoise couldn't find his way home! [Big Grin] Glad he made it [8D]