Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new tax assesment
Anyone else shocked by the increase in their recent property tax assesment?. Last year 229K this year 306K. HPP
Appeal it, with those numbers it is worth appealing unless you did a ton of permitted improvements. If you recently bought the property for something near the 306 number it will be harder to appeal. If you have owned it for a years they aren't supposed to be able to raise you more than 3% a year (this may be only for primary residences) so I would file the appeal papers. Sometimes they contact you with a "counter offer" if they think they can avoid going to the appeals board.

You need to go armed with comparable homes sold from HPP for the 1 year time period they allow you to use: square feet, number of bedrooms and baths, age of building and grade of construction from the tax current tax assessment of properties sold in HPP are what the recognize for comparable sales. This website: http://hawaiianparadisepark.com/ has a place where you can see past sales with the TMKs and other info you need, call the tax office to find out exactly what the window is that they will consider.

Good luck, that seems way out of line from what the HPP market is actually doing.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I did build a garage this year, thanks google earth. Yes it was permitted
But was it over $75 grands worth of garage permits? That seems really high.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Percentage-wise, the valuation increase is on par with Kenoi's raise.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
yeah...someones gotta pay for that what was it? 22K more that he approved for himself. Smile

But don't forget we gotta pay the "other" county officials 20% raises under a salary adjustment plan proposed ... I need a state job! Smile

But yes a garage can and will up your taxes. 2 car? 3 car? Depending how big it is..