Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
conditional use permit proposed for HPP
Does anyone know what happened at the planning commission meeting today on the proposal to allow Diamond Drilling to build a base yard somewhere in mid to lower HPP? I only heard about it at the last minute, couldn't get any details in time to comment, and I am more than a little concerned that there was no notification of affected properties (which is everyone who pays for road fees).

I really dislike the piecemeal development of HPP through conditional use permits when we have these large blocks of land designated for commercial and light industrial that sit unused. I realize it is the owners of those lands who aren't moving forward with development and rezoning to align the zoning with the designation in the subdivision plan, but this lot by lot rezoning through conditional use permits is not a good alternative.

Carol

edited to change the name of the thread to clarify the subject and note that the planning commission meeting is NEXT Thursday the 6th, so there is still time to submit comments
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
When I saw the heading I thought I would be treated to a joke.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
But ... but ... the PCDP!
Is anything going on with the railroad alternate route?
There is no railroad alternative route.

Punaweb moderator
I guess I didnt realize it was totally dead. When did that happen? Is there some other plan for access into Hilo from Puna?thnx

quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

But ... but ... the PCDP!

Now that's a joke for you. Seems to still be going nowhere fast.
quote:
Originally posted by unknownjulie

I guess I didnt realize it was totally dead. When did that happen? Is there some other plan for access into Hilo from Puna?thnx

There are a number of proposals for alternative routes and you can find them in the Puna Community Development Plan (PCDP) if you did into the county Planning Department site. The joke in the PCDP was that the previous plan consisted of three words: Drive To Hilo.

Railroad gets mentioned a lot by people who haven't researched the facts. It is more of an uninformed suggestion than anything else. It might be useful as a bike path but even that is unlikely.

Punaweb moderator
I have read reams about this. Just did not know it was dead. The last I heard there was a route someone was proposing through orchidland. I actually would love this option, but it seems a bit more impractical. Dont have time to read more about it. Just hoping to get some summarized info on the messageboard.
I would say this thread has been derailed.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb