Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UHF Channel 32
Aloha!

We're constructing a new low power digital TV station in Mountain View, and could begin testing it as early as next week.

If you're one of the folks who use an antenna for reception and you notice a signal on Channel 32, please let me know how well (or not well) it comes in. I'd very much appreciate any reception reports. I check Punaweb regularly, so a reply here would work.

This is phase one of what we hope will be 3 low power signals. This one should cover the Pahoa area and some of subdivisions between there and Mountain View. I don't expect strong reception in HPP, Keaʻau or Volcano just yet.

In the meantime, have a great week! [Smile]

Richard
KQHW
Hi Richard ... This is damm cool ... Are you guys open to consideration of independant, locally produced shows ?

aloha,
pog
Richard - another channel for us antenna folk sounds great. I'm in HPP so won't expect anything too soon, but what sort of programming are you planning?

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
Well you won't need to report on the weather forecast in Mountain View cause it is always the same: RAIN 100%
Format? ktbh seems to be doing a good job radio wise from kurtistown - same folks?
quote:
Originally posted by H22

If you're one of the folks who use an antenna for reception and you notice a signal on Channel 32, please let me know how well (or not well) it comes in. I'd very much appreciate any reception reports. I check Punaweb regularly, so a reply here would work.

Transmitting on UHF 32, or identifying self as "channel 32"?
Hi guys! Replies below:

@pog: Yes, although we have a very small budget.

@TomK: We're actually straying away from syndicated and network programming, as my philosophy is that content creation is an important component to longevity. While we could go a few different directions, a good example of a low budget operation without a low budget appearance and a strong local presence is with this similar low power station in Michigan: http://www.minews26.com/

@Vampire: Haha! We'll only need to record it once!

@Bullwinkle: No, we're independent. This is our first station, and the only market we have plans to be in!

@kalakoa: We'll be transmitting on UHF Channel 32, and will come up as "32-1" or "32.1" on your TV. We also have the option to appear as "2-1" or "2.1" when we hit full time (through a set of complicated rules with a second permit), but during the testing period, you'll find us as Channel 32.
Let us know when you fire it up and we'll scan for you.
I really need to get a UHF outdoor antenna. I haven't watched TV in years, other than at friends house. I really don't miss it. Same BS, a COMPLETE waste of time and money. [xx(] Tho, that's with sat and coming from the FTA world where I had every channel open to dish network about 600 channels. Then I had to add another dish when I lived in Oregon to get BEV, Canadian TV satellite another 300 or so channels. I almost had 1000 channels to watch! Still nothing worth watching but it was a fun hobby.

Tho it would be nice to get PBS to watch every now and then and these types of startup channels. I should just go buy a stinking antenna because TV just isn't worth paying for, My Opinion [:p]

I wonder if one could get that station 2 miles from the ocean in hawaiian beaches? Probably would need a huge directional antenna.
Eric,
We tossed out our t.v.s 8 years ago.......so much brainwashing!!

Have always been a fan of PBS........and have continued to view via our computer! our computer is hooked up to a flat screen t.v. monitor.
(Our news comes from viewing U.S headlines and reading newspapers, from around the world).