Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They're baaaaaaaaaack!
Hmm, neighbor just called to let me know they pulled a bunch of plants from the lot next to me, and maybe the back of my lot (which I've never been to). I kinda want to call HPD to ask them if it was on my lot and get it on the record that it's not mine if it was on my land. How does one go about that kind of thing? I just don't want HPD showing up at some point to arrest, seize or prosecute for weed that isn't mine. Any advice?

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
I remember reading about this on another thread. You might search. I think I'd take photos right now to somehow prove how "remote" that corner is, or that "there are no trails in" or something like that. I actually think this is very common. I mean, "why would you grow weed on your own land"? There's plenty of unsupervised land all over puna and it's probably much harder to get caught that way. GL. That's really worrisome. I dont know how you'd definately prove it wasnt yours. A lawyer might though, and maybe one will chime in!
Fortunately, in this country a citizen doesn't have to prove they are innocent and get that fact "on record". Instead, the state has to charge you with a crime and then prove each element of that crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

In the absence of other evidence, proving a crime is made much more difficult when the contraband is found on vacant land you do not own.

Having brought comfort I'll now remove it: the Drug War has done great violence to the Fourth Amendment, a fact brought home to me very keenly yesterday when the backwash from a helicopter rustled palms sequentially all the way up my driveway. I'm quite sure that if the British had had helicopters back in the day, the Fourth Amendment would now read:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. The use of a flying machine in a warrantless search shall be deemed per se unreasonable.

As they hovered over the vacant lot behind me, I did think of all the energy wasted on hunting down green plant material, when it is the synthetic stuff that is ruining complexions, making swiss cheese of minds, and fueling addiction and all that comes with it.
I wish we could stay on the subject of low flying hellocopters it seems lately forum topics have turn in a way for certian people to vent and call other people names. This is doe no good for anybody

jrw
jrw
quote:
Originally posted by Mau na manawaapau akaaka

" ...assume for one moment the benefit that the State of Hawaii could gain by taking the method exactly as employed by the State of Colorado with respect to marijuana legalization... war on drugs is a complete and total failure..."

a lot of progressive thought here ... if only Russel was reading our message board...

There are no states rights when it comes to marijuana, ask any californian. Colorado and washington can expect the same treatment. This issue needs to be solved from the top down, so start lobbying your federal level reps. Join ASA, write letters, get old fashioned and get it done.
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

I still don't support the war on drugs and I still don't use them or grow/make them but it nice to see the system work properly for a change even if it was using another source for some small justice.

So because the Police and/or the Prosecutors, or even the victim refused to either do their job or file the proper complaint/charges, you are willing to allow a person who may have committed one crime with that of another, requiring helicopters flying in the air, making noise, disturbing people, creating havoc of livestock just to "get even?"

Yes, its hypocritical.

And justifies everything else called the NSA
quote:
Originally posted by Ken

quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

I still don't support the war on drugs and I still don't use them or grow/make them but it nice to see the system work properly for a change even if it was using another source for some small justice.

So because the Police and/or the Prosecutors, or even the victim refused to either do their job or file the proper complaint/charges, you are willing to allow a person who may have committed one crime with that of another, requiring helicopters flying in the air, making noise, disturbing people, creating havoc of livestock just to "get even?"

Yes, its hypocritical.

And justifies everything else called the NSA

It's called Karma. But you're welcome to run with it however you wish sweetheart. [Smile]

- Armed citizens provide security of a free State.
[/quote]
It's called Karma. But you're welcome to run with it however you wish sweetheart. [Smile]

[/quote]

Yea. I hear you. Now then I guess shooting drunk drivers dead on sight would be considered good Karma?

I am for that quite frankly!

Well get out your gun and give 'er a whirl and see how far it gets you. I'd suspect Karma would land your twisted brain housing group behind bars for many years to come.

quote:
Originally posted by Ken

[/quote]

Yea. I hear you. Now then I guess shooting drunk drivers dead on sight would be considered good Karma?

I am for that quite frankly!

[/quote]

You see there... that is the sign of a severe mental instability. You have just demonstrated a clear incapacity to function within a society, you've demonstrated very strong indications of sociopathic tendencies.